DBTC: Tank Edition!

Discussion in 'DBTC - Other' started by earthboy17, Aug 29, 2008.

statistics
No Transactions
None
Please email your web administrator with a link to this thread if you want to add this thread to the DBTC database!!
  1. earthboy17

earthboy17 Guest

Hey everyone.

For various reasons (pretty much all of them good except for no $$), I'm taking a break from the hobby. We're trying to buy a house, and someday I'll have a kick-a fish room and built-in tank, but for now... not so much.

I'm selling four various "tank systems" on CL, but one of them is a "pay it forward" type thing, which is why I'm posting here. Check out the link, the pay-it-forward tank is "system 4". I hope someone from BAR can put it to good use. (I'm asking for a $50 adoption fee to cover all the livestock and protein skimmer and return system, etc etc. A drop in the bucket friends, a drop in the bucket.)

Anyway, please check it out and I hope this will help someone get into or move up in the hobby!

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/for/818914091.html

Tommy

2. patchin

patchin Facilities / Event Coordinator

How generous! Come back soon.

3. LeviT

LeviT Guest

Tommy, call me when you have time, maybe we can work something out.

4. dswong01

dswong01 Supporting Member

Tom
    I can hold some of your corals until you get back into hobby

5. earthboy17

earthboy17 Guest

Hey, thanks for the offers. I'm afraid that it might be a couple years before I'm back and up. I'm totally okay with you Dudley (or anyone) "holding them for me" aka have them aka DBTC, but I don't want to deliver them or anything. And to be honest, I don't have much worth scrambling for. But if anyone wants to come out, they're welcome to. Corner of Ygnatio and Clayton in Concord. 925-788-9718. We'll see if there's anything left after Levi, Ben, and Matt go through it! :)

6. Roc

Roc Guest

not to be a sourpuss but I thought that if something was posted in DBTC you couldn't ask for anything in return

7. earthboy17

earthboy17 Guest

Yeah, I know. And I struggled with that. If it doesn't fully count, that's ok. I recently paid $50 just for the skimmer, and all I'm asking for from BAR members is $50, which doesn't account for the pumps, tank, stand, sump, plumbing, etc etc etc.

But more importantly, the spirit of the thing is passing it along. That was why I was putting it in the DBTC thing.

But I hear what you're saying.

8. Generous edition Tom!

9. earthboy17

earthboy17 Guest

Tank 4 (DBTC tank) is spoken for by a guy named "Isaac", and Tank 1 is being reduced to go to a MARS member's high school's marine biology class.

Thanks all.