Neptune Aquatics

DBTC: The chalice previously known as Tong's Miami Hurricane, but is more likely a mummy eye or something similar...

Quick update. This frag is doing great! He's grown from about a 1/4" around with one eye to almost 1" around with four eyes. Once he covers the disc I'll start fragging second gens and passing him on.

Here's an update photo on this guy. He hasn't really picked up that blueish skin, hot orange eye color combo yet... more greenish with pink eyes. Higher light maybe?

701897309_h6Tnn-M.jpg

I remembertong telling me that his miami hurricane did not look like the real miami hurricane. He got it as such but he was thinking it was something else. Maybe its the reefready miami hurricane.

Yea, the color on this piece shifts a lot. At one time, it was just like what Jason described, green with pink eyes. So I checked with the original seller (Jose with RC handle name guppy0210, who has a lot of good stuff in his little tank), and he confirmed that it is miami hurricane, and he originally got it from Matt from reefready. Ian told me that he did not remember seeing Matt selling Miami Hurricane (he obviously sold reefready miami hurricane). But at one time period after all these, it did show bluish base with orange mouth just like in the pictures, and some people who came looking at it (and I remember someone mentioned on RC also) said the real miami hurricane should be greenish just following the team color. Now I setup a shallow tank with little no light area, so it is under strong light, and base color even turns pinkish. So go figure...

The real miami hurricane is actually teal with orange eyes. It really only gets greenish when it gets pretty large.

Matt told me that a few colonies of MH came in at the same time, he got one and few others did as well (obviously), he still has his mother colony and seemed a little :rolleyes: when I told him about the demand. If anyone wants a piece give him a ring :D

tuberider said:
Matt told me that a few colonies of MH came in at the same time, he got one and few others did as well (obviously), he still has his mother colony and seemed a little :rolleyes: when I told him about the demand. If anyone wants a piece give him a ring :D

coral aside, Matt still has a tank? Any new email for him?

Photo update. Over 12 eyes now. It's growing very fast, so I'm going to hold off on cutting it for another couple months to get a bit more growth under its belt. When I cut it, I should be able to make 2 frags easily.

It doesn't look like the usual Miami Hurricane, but it's colored up wonderfully. The eyes are screaming pink and the base is a blueish green.
756018491_uqBPt-L.jpg

Here's an update photo:
849283906_62a4B-L.jpg

I made a couple of frags of this guy tonight, each with one full eye. I am certain this is not a Miami Hurricane, so we should probably change the title, but it's a very nice chalice. Two frags of this (provided they heal) to be given out at Baymac.

Well, I was just planning on lining everyone up who responds to this thread and then randomly picking someone from the list using dice. But if you guys would rather pick numbers, that's fine. Let's say 1-40.

For reference, the DBTC in question is the dark green+pink eye guy in the middle of the photo. The one to the right of it is Bubblegum Monster and the ones above are my golden eye watermelon.

Back