Cali Kid Corals

DBTC unknown Neon Green Pocillipora? - My 1 year BAR Anniversary SPS offer #2

Lyn

This coral came as a hitchhiker on a coral from Saltwatersig, so you know it has to be good. It is a low growing Pocillipora-type SPS. Very easy to grow. In fact, the little dot it started out at became a mini colony in several months time. It grew into another coral and started competing with it, so I wanted to move it; but in doing so, it broke into "frags". It has dark neon green polyp tips and the tips of it's skeleton are pink. This would be a good starter/beginner SPS.

1. Please be a current BAR member.
2. Please follow DBTC rules.
3. Must have a stable cycled tank. No or minimal fluctuations in water quality and be over the algae cycles.
4. Likes high lights. Mine are 12 inches under 70 watt 10K MH. Looks better with some actinics or 14K bulb. Likes med-high amount of flow.
5. Please pick up at May 9th BOD or June meeting.
6. Post your favorite "SMILEY"

Two available. :)

yup! On the acan I got from you (which is being retarded and not expressing any of the "rainbow mouth". I'll snap a pic of the poci when I get home :)

No newbies want to try this? Doesn't take up much room. Low growing (for me anyway), under 2 inches tall and pretty, fuzzy looking polyps. Pocilliporas have pretty big polyps compared to some SPSs, and I can actually see them feed. :)

Sherri, I posted to this thread this morning, or thought I did. If you get this in time for the meeting tomorrow, I would like to have a frag of this. Thanks!

Hi Richard,

Sometimes I post things and it won't get submitted, plus I loose what I write. :( So now, I copy everything I write before hitting "save", just in case it gets lost in cyberspace.

Oh, and yes! By all means, you may have a frag. :)

Sherri, it looks great in the top of my tank. I was looking for the place to log the gift, but there does not seem to be a place at the bottom of the first post.

I don't know why some threads have tracking ability and some don't. I think it is one of those ongoing projects needing manpower to rectify.

I don't know if the polyp tips are showing green yet, but if not, they will color up shortly. When I fragged them, I had to find any spot to put them in since I have totally run out of space in my tank.

The whole polyp is not green, just the tips, but they are quite pretty when they do color up...like tiny fiery emeralds. :)

Oops, sorry I didn't catch this months ago. :~ Let me know if you are still interested. I put many into the swap, but I can make a frag for you if you'd like. :)

Not sure what happened. It tripled in size in several month time, then stopped growing/opening to show its green polyps. I think it has been gone a month as I have been looking for it to come back, but no such thing.

Sorry to kill your chain Sherri :(

I hope it is in several tanks from the swap.

Back