Neptune Aquatics

Dbtc viewing for non supporting members?

I think you should be a member if you want to participate in DBTC.

There are generous people and special conditions for some DBTCs such as "never sell", or after give back two frags, etc.

I feel there would be people who might take advantage of the DBTC generosity to turn around and make a profit from other people's investments and propagation efforts.

Just my two cents on why DBTC should be members only. Otherwise, we could just do DBTC on other public forums like ReefCentral, but I rarely see that since there are often sellers on there.

If you believe in BAR's mission and the DBTC program, join to support the group. It is a small price to pay given people pay $20-50 per polyp sometimes for fancy-named frags. Think of your membership as an investment in a future DBTC frag.

;)

i totally agree. right now i have to be selective about who is labeled as a supporting member or not. i think it's on that list already for denzil to get to, but the scope is much wider in his attempt at reimplementing dbtc. but the least we can do is to limit it to supporting members for now.

Hey guys, thanks for the ideas/suggestions. IIRC, DBTC was always open to members and supporting members on the old forums. If we're thinking about making a change to the program, I believe that's something the BOD will have to discuss and vote on.

Hey guys, thanks for the ideas/suggestions. IIRC, DBTC was always open to members and supporting members on the old forums. If we're thinking about making a change to the program, I believe that's something the BOD will have to discuss and vote on.

Can you guys at least bring it up during a BOD meeting? I could have sworn I was not able to access DBTC on the old forum. Maybe someone can login as a non supporting member on the old forum and check?

I didn't know there was a member and a supporting member before? Not sure of the difference now?
Dbtc has always been for paid members only. Hope this helps.
And btw, BOD meeting are almost always open to all members, so anyone can bring this up if they choose.

I've set it up so that non-supporting members can view DBTC threads but cannot participate. If they'd like to participate, it'll be necessary for them to become a supporting member.

I think this will help encourage folks to become members of the club and participate in the DBTC program. It's kind of hard to garner interest if you don't have any idea what's actually going on. :)

Back