got ethical husbandry?

DBTC-X Aussie Acan

Phong: Nah, you normally see them through acrylic that's all scratched up, so the top down photos actually make it look good :D

Eric: Hey these are just pico sized :) That's why I put next month as when they might be ready, I can get them off no problem... or ok a little problem, but we'll see. The 2 large ones are probably quarter/nickel sized though, I can always just frag off one of the larger ones with some babies.

Ok, a month later heads are definitely a bit more poofed up of the babies, still hard to see from top down but here's a shot. Now I'm not going to frag this unless there's a list of people who want in on the 2nd gen simply because I don't have a frag tank to store them and I'd rather not lose my frags all over the tank if possible.

So looking back it seems Perry desired in line, anyone else? I'll have to see how many viable frags once I have people mentioning who wants in, otherwise Perry will get a better frag :D
bonnieacan2cr0.jpg

Alright, I'll see if I can't make some frags next weekend and see where I stand at the front of whatever non-existent line there happens to be.

3 frags are available, they're not as large as the original ones, I ended up sacrificing one polyp, by cutting it into three pieces, in order to get 3 frags out of it (couldn't find my dremel, so used a screwdriver + hammer :D).

Each frag has at least 2 whole polyps, that third might be healing, they do open up for food at night so all is good with them, they're just micromussa sized right now :D

So looking at the list
Perry
Jkreefer
Tony

I'll most likely be going to the BoD meeting Saturday, or you can swing by to pick them up (San Francisco), just let me know before Saturday.

Ok bringing one for Perry via Eric, and I guess Tony I haven't heard from him, but he said he should be there, jk?
Otherwise one for Steve, assuming he's coming.

Yeah it's ok Steve, after reading about your dining questions I figured you wouldn't go, or at the very least wouldn't want to lug around a frag all night long :)

I still have one frag of this left, I don't need multiple colonies growing in my tank, so Steve's up in line unless he passes.

Pick up in SF, or the next meeting (BoD)

It'll have to be the BoD meeting then, as I'm not going on the tour. Now if someone from SF was going I don't mind giving them as a handoff, but I haven't been following the south bay thread so don't know who's going.

Back