got ethical husbandry?

DBTC: X-treme Edition! - Karl's Candlelight acro :)

Mr. Ugly

Past President
[move][size=24pt]DBTC: X-treme Edition ![/size][/move]

Ok, I might as well do this one too :D

I have a tiny tiny frag of Karl's Candlelight acro available. I broke it off the main frag by accident a while back. It's barely more than an axial coralite but it's already encrusted and growing taller.

Rules will be a little different for this one, and I'm in no hurry to pick names. It really is a pico frag, so you need to be confident you can prop it.

Who do I want to get this frag?

- you are a BAR member

- you have started 4 or more SPS/LPS DBTC, or
- you have put back 8 or more(same or different) 2nd/3rd generation SPS/LPS DBTC, or
- you will start a DBTC with 1 or more tiny frags of something from this list:

Dinosaur Egg monti, Blue Matrix acro, Baby's Breath favia... (I may update this list from time to time, and will consider suggestions). If you use this option, you may make the frag only as small as you are confident that they can be propped.

- you are totally comfortable with propping teeny tiny pico frags
- you commit to returning a 2nd generation frag to DBTC
- you agree not to sell this coral
- you may trade frags of this coral for comparable uber rares, but a frag of any coral you get has to go into DBTC :D :D :D

This coral been in my frag tank under 4" of water. Lighting has gone back and forth between 20k 250 Radium and XM - really old bulbs.

Targeted tank parameters:

Alk 3.6 meq
Ca 430 ppm
Mg 1350 ppm
pH 8.3
s.g. 1.024
temp 78

Norman, how about if I put in my rare DBTC coral as.....

Karl's Candlelight! :D

Ok I'm just being stupid silly tonight, that and mine has grown relatively slowly since the RTY swap.

Hehe.. you guys crack me up :D

Well, preference given to those that have grown out their DBTC entries, so no need to buy something just to frag. It's the whole deal about subtle coercion to support captive propagation by hobbyists :D

Hopefully there will be a lot more crazy stuff showing up as DBTC: X-treme, so feel free to start growing out your future entries :D

[quote author=Mr. Ugly link=topic=2644.msg27573#msg27573 date=1196491037]
Hehe.. you guys crack me up :D

Well, preference given to those that have grown out their DBTC entries, so no need to buy something just to frag. It's the whole deal about subtle coercion to support captive propagation by hobbyists :D

Hopefully there will be a lot more crazy stuff showing up as DBTC: X-treme, so feel free to start growing out your future entries :D
[/quote]

you've started something good, look at all the xtreme stuff popping up.

Hehe... you also can be eligible for "DBTC X-treme" by starting a DBTC with something on the list. Or lmk if you have something that I might add to the list too :D

Hehe... maybe I should have :D

I was doing something in tank and I bumped the frag. The growth tip on one of the branches broke and was about to fall off. That's about the 3rd time it's happened with this frag too, but the previous accidental frags were "normal" sized.

This one was maybe 1/8" long. I figured I might as well glue it to a rock and hope for the best :D

Anyone propagating this? This is one of my favorite piece, i lost mines a few weeks ago when my calcium reactor took a few days off without notice :) and my alk dropped too low :( . I'm looking to buys, trade or from DBTC.

Thanks in advance.

I may have a frag or two available in the near future, I grew mine from a whopping three polyps. It's finally branching and about 3" so it will most likely be in a few months time.

Here's a bad saturated pic....

Karls.jpg

Back