Reef nutrition

DBTC: X-treme Edition! - Montipora setosa :)

Mr. Ugly

Past President
[move][size=24pt]DBTC: X-treme Edition ![/size][/move]

Ok, I've been thinking about this one for a while and with the holidays coming up, I just have to do it :D

I'll make two frags of setosa available. Rules will be a little different for this one, and I'm in no hurry to pick names. They will be[size=6pt] small frags [/size], maybe even 4mm :D , so you need to be confident you can prop these.

Who do I want to get these frags?

- you are a BAR member

- you have started 4 or more SPS/LPS DBTC, or
- you have put back 8 or more(same or different) 2nd/3rd generation SPS/LPS DBTC, or
- you will start a DBTC with 2 tiny frags of something from this list:

Dinosaur Egg monti, Blue Matrix acro, Baby's Breath favia... (I may update this list from time to time, and will consider suggestions). If you use this option, you may make the frags as small as you are confident that they can be propped.

- you are totally comfortable with propping tiny pico frags
- you commit to returning two 2nd generation frags to DBTC
- you agree not to sell this coral
- you may trade frags of this coral for comparable uber rares, but any coral you get has to go into DBTC :D :D :D

This coral been in my frag tank under 4" of water. Lighting has gone back and forth between 20k 250 Radium and XM - really old bulbs.

Targeted tank parameters:

Alk 3.6 meq
Ca 430 ppm
Mg 1350 ppm
pH 8.3
s.g. 1.024
temp 78

i'd like one please! though if there are those better at propping pico pieces I wouldn't mind handing it off. I've done pretty well with montiporas though of any size. I took a idaho grape that was basically 4mm and it turned into my main colony =)

let me know!

btw: nice marquee you got going !!!

to make it easier, some of the DBTC frags I sent out:

Idaho Grape:
http://www.bareefers.org/discussion/index.php?topic=2470.0

A few dozen of the spice girls yuma:
http://www.bareefers.org/discussion/index.php?topic=1620.0

Tonga Red Shroom:
http://www.bareefers.org/discussion/index.php?topic=1548.0

Pink Birdsnest (who did I give this to?):
http://www.bareefers.org/discussion/index.php?topic=2142.0

EDIT: I'd also like to see if anyone will toss in any of those super uber frags though...

Y'all gots to let us know what uber rare that you'll put into DBTC :D

or:

Point us to the DBTC's that meet the criteria.

Take your time. It won't be first come first served. I'd like to see what might show up :D

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....

actually no, not me, since you pointed me towards this thread I had to scream out my name :D

Well unless you're "not in any hurry" clause is seriously not in any hurry like on the order of months, in which case maybe me ;)

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=2638.msg27526#msg27526 date=1196472460]
Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....

actually no, not me, since you pointed me towards this thread I had to scream out my name :D

Well unless you're "not in any hurry" clause is seriously not in any hurry like on the order of months, in which case maybe me ;)

[/quote]

... less coffee mike...

You are a sick sick man.

Would be interested but got a frag from Tyree ath the Coral Farmers Market. It is a beautiful coral. I may through my LE Sunset Monti up soon just waiting for it to recover a little more from my "tank redo" aka death to valonia.

nice !!! Darn I only got 3 dbtc .... someday I'll have 4 DBTC, my tank just went through some tough time ... but I do have a nice frag of something realy cool to entice you LOL

Don't make me frag up my maxima clam for DBTC just to get you into a hurry mode alright ?? LOL btw DBTC aka dont break the clam :D

Norman, ok thanks for the hint :D... I'll do 1 more DBTC to atleast be in the qualifying round :D :D whehter I get selected or not doesn't matter, its all in the good spirit of
DBTC

Ok done !! just posted my 4th sps DBTC

It was doing great, but a giant turbo snail bulldozed it into another frag that whup'd its butt :(

I just got some of those Coral Cradle frag mounts from Gresh today, so that won't be happening again.

Thats too bad. I just replaced all my giants turbo with baby ones and moved all the big snails out to the fuge for simmilar reason. Mine will be ready to frag once it takes off, will let you know. I though I lost my pink lemonaide when it got sunburned during my halide exploding episode, but it is coming back and starting to encrusted too so hopefully.

I wonder if this will qualify as rare :eek:. I'm hoping I can get qualify in this setosa dbtc round.

DSC_0977.jpg

Back