Cali Kid Corals

DBTC: X-treme Edition! - Montipora setosa :)

So AE Fovealata and the LE Dinosaur Egg have cupped coralites.

Here's another similar one :D

DSCN1920.jpg

The polyps are still coloring up from browning out.

The base is a pretty bright green. Brighter than the fovealata. Looks like the polyps are going to be blue from the new ones showing up.

The base is interesting too. The growth edge has orange and yellow highlights. Almost like a Rainbow monti, except it's the base color that changes instead of the polyps. Would be awesome if it turns out to be the case. Hard to tell because the frag is so small right now.

I got lucky on this uber rare piece. A vendor snagged this coral at a wholesaler. Unfortunately, the coral was/is being ravaged by monti nudis. I hooked him up with some potassium permanganate solution I'd made, and figured out some dosages so he could try to rescue the coral. He gave me a tiny frag for backup in case he loses the the main piece. I'm so glad I paid attention to chemistry in school! :D

Oh, and the white speck in the bottom left corner of the pic isn't a nudii.

Yeah, I scared myelf too :D

Just a white speck on the rock. I scraped and poked at it, and it won't budge. Whew!!!

[quote author=Mr. Ugly link=topic=2638.msg27612#msg27612 date=1196574275]
It was doing great, but a giant turbo snail bulldozed it into another frag that whup'd its butt :(

I just got some of those Coral Cradle frag mounts from Gresh today, so that won't be happening again.
[/quote]

Thats too bad I'll be able to get you a frag soon mine is starting to take off

Back