24klept.jpg

ALL EXTREME RULES APPLY-

My Conditions are

-Must be a BAR member for 1+ year
-Must be familiar with leptastrea and its care
-Tank must be established for 1+ year
-You are comfortable with very small frag. the mother piece is not big itself
-You must give 3 pieces back to DBTC before trading

Now some history on the piece... *drum roll* =) I acquired this 2+ years ago. The color on it is just stunning. It has yellowish tentacles with green eyes. I had a mother colony that I lost in a crash over a year ago. There are 2 known ppl with this morph. Justin74 and me.. I luckily gave a piece to a friend who gave it back to me when he got out of the hobby.. This is by far my favorite leptastrea and I would like to see it not lost.

Thanks. Just out of curiosity, is this Leptastrea Aequalis or Leptastrea Pruinosa? It's kinda hard to tell. I'm guessing these aren't around much so there aren't a lot of folks with experience. Just a thought? They are gorgeous so I'm sure someone will speak up.

They're pretty easy to keep in general. Just keep them away from other corals since they have a pretty nasty sting.

If you've ever seen acans eat, these guys would be on par as far as size and amount consumed.
Alien%20Eye%20Leptastrea01.jpg

Ah groovy, I'll pick it up from Norman I suppose? I have another couple lepastrea corals, unsure of the subspecies, but it's funny because they're growing directly onto the bottom acrylic panel of my tank.

Ok I can frag this one out... except I don't know if I actually got this one. While it does have a golden look to it (fancy brown :D) there is a bit of a greenish hue, as well as the eyes look blue and not green.

Here's a picture next to my other leptastreas for comparison sake, one on the far left. I can make frags if anyone wants though, as it's approaching the size of the frag plug, and if my others are any indication, will be encrusting over and right onto the acrylic.
leppr3.jpg

Since meeting is coming up, and the requirements are putting 3 back in... still doesn't look anywhere near as yellow as the original(maybe that's the fool part??), but I can chop 3 frags up as it's starting to grow on the bottom and I might as well frag it before it does... Anyone? anyone? Bueller? Bueller...

Acan not included :p

lps4-1.jpg

it's growing nicely in your tank mike. it came on a tonga shipment. i keep mines under bluer light like 14k/20k and it colors up nicely. mines started encrusting over the epoxy recently.

Hey Mike,

I'd take a frag if you have one available. I won't be at BAYMAC though so I would have to pick up from you in SF sometime...

Hey Mike,

Great Name. If you have frag available I would like get in line for one. I will be at the meeting this weekend and Baymac

Mike Ray

Sure I can do frags, haven't quite gotten the yellow/gold of the first picture, about as close as I got is that "faded brown"/yellow look ;D

Thank you

See you at the meeting or Baymac. Understand on the coloration. We won two frags of at the framers market event. The color for both of the them in our tank is no where the color of the pictures. I have come to learm that every tank is unique.

Mike

Back