High Tide Aquatics

DBTC Zepplock's Blue Paly's

I have two good size frags of this 2nd gen to hand out at the next meeting. Each frag should have about 6 or 7 polyps.

Like Zep warns these things grow like weeds.

[quote author=Roc link=topic=3851.msg48412#msg48412 date=1215471260]
Do you have a pic?
[/quote]

I will try to take a picture tonight

[quote author=Gomer link=topic=3851.msg48413#msg48413 date=1215471405]
This should be moved to the original thread.
[/quote]

I see many 2nd gen DBTC as their own thread. I did it to track it better for frags that I'm responsible for. It is stated whose frag it came from and that it is 2nd gen.

[quote author=Reefer_Addickt link=topic=3851.msg48417#msg48417 date=1215471708]
I see many 2nd gen DBTC as their own thread. I did it to track it better for frags that I'm responsible for. It is stated whose frag it came from and that it is 2nd gen.
[/quote]

I could be wrong, but this coral is the only DBTC that I have seen where 2,3,4th gens were done in a separate thread (there are now 3 threads on this coral from zep). We do have other corals of the same type in unique threads, but they have different origins.

I did see at least one other 2nd gen posted as its own thread recently, but they really should go back into the original thread.

We'll go do some cleanup on the DBTC forums :D

Yeah I tried posting in the original too but everyone who said they needed one got handled by zepp. I figured with this I could give back a little easier. In the future i will keep it on the same thread.

[quote author=Mr. Ugly link=topic=3851.msg48429#msg48429 date=1215474006]
I did see at least one other 2nd gen posted as its own thread recently, but they really should go back into the original thread.

We'll go do some cleanup on the DBTC forums :D
[/quote]

Thanks Norm. Yeah it sounds convenient to start a new thread but for now we need to keep the same lineage in 1 thread. Thanks!

Is there a way to make a child thread off of the parent? A person who has successive generations of frags could create the child. That way the original thread would be easily organized.

I know I'm new here but.

I thought we kept track of the lineage by posting in the tracking thread.

Personaly when I see a DBTC thread that is 3 or 4 pages I usealy don't check it becuase at that point there is already 2nd genaration requests, 3rd genration requests and the coral was handed out last night.

I like the idea of board traffic and active membership (no acusations) but if your interested in a coral and happen to miss out on the 1st round, if you stay active chances are you will throw your name in the hat when the 2nd or 3rd generation comes up.

[quote author=Reefer_Addickt link=topic=3851.msg48480#msg48480 date=1215529905]
Is there a way to make a child thread off of the parent? A person who has successive generations of frags could create the child. That way the original thread would be easily organized.
[/quote]

Not right now. I have it designed so when we have the long term tracking tool in place we'll be able to track all the generations but they would all be pointing to the same thread..... it's not a bad idea but we'll see how things go and keep this as a possible enhancement.

[quote author=Roc link=topic=3851.msg48497#msg48497 date=1215538529]
I know I'm new here but.

Personaly when I see a DBTC thread that is 3 or 4 pages I usealy don't check it becuase at that point there is already 2nd genaration requests, 3rd genration requests and the coral was handed out last night.

I like the idea of board traffic and active membership (no acusations) but if your interested in a coral and happen to miss out on the 1st round, if you stay active chances are you will throw your name in the hat when the 2nd or 3rd generation comes up.[/quote]

The tracking thread helps but to be honest, not everything makes it there. So at this point I have manually gone through each thread and tracked things from there. The tracking thread would be good if we could ensure everyone posted there, it just doesn't happen. I'm off this week and I'm going to take some time to get my records up to date and hopefully work on some code so I can at least input the data online rather than with DB insert statements.

[quote author=LeviTillie link=topic=3851.msg48501#msg48501 date=1215538810]
[quote author=Roc link=topic=3851.msg48497#msg48497 date=1215538529]
I know I'm new here but.

I like the idea of board traffic and active membership (no acusations) but if your interested in a coral and happen to miss out on the 1st round, if you stay active chances are you will throw your name in the hat when the 2nd or 3rd generation comes up.[/quote]

The tracking thread helps but to be honest, not everything makes it there. So at this point I have manually gone through each thread and tracked things from there. The tracking thread would be good if we could ensure everyone posted there, it just doesn't happen. I'm off this week and I'm going to take some time to get my records up to date and hopefully work on some code so I can at least input the data online rather than with DB insert statements.
[/quote]

I am working on getting my other clubs forum moved to a new host and after that I will have someone to compare notes for you about the tracking code

Back