DBTC

Discussion in 'Wouldn't it be good if...?' started by Coral reefer, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Wouldn't it be good if dbtc worked better? When I joined the club there was a lot more activity with the dbtc program, unfortunately, many chains have been broken. I went through and updated lots of my chains today, many of them to dead, which sucks, but is still important. When I look at frags I've given out to members that are still active and haven't updated the status or posted any frags to give out it makes me wonder why I even bothered in the first place.
    I think DBTC is awesome, but it only works if people follow through and update things. Most of the drags I lost were all at once, and it took me awhile to get over it before I could update them, so I know how it can be the last thing you want to do fessing up to a death, but it really is important, and I'm likely to offer you another try of you do update it.
    Also, with the members swap coming up its a good time to be getting stuff fragged and ready, which means it a great time to update chains and start new ones too!

2. iCon

iCon Supporting Member

Agree but I think it's always been an issue. Tony was pretty good about making people have updated DBTC statuses before passing out frags IIRC.

3. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Well, the best suggestions I have are keep your chains updated, and start new chains whenever possible! The best we can do is to set an example of good behavior and hope it gets followed as much as possible. And like you say, choosing your recipients wisely is a big deal!

4. Kudos for leading by example, Mike! I am updating my chains too.

5. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

It was a little frustrating that coral seemed to disappear...then I started doing the above. I'd offer some quite nice LPS (imo) and that got a lot of interest. Was polite about asking people to update their chains if they wanted a chance at the coral. This got a lot of updates, dead or otherwise.
    This was about the best I could expect out of the type of program DBTC is.

6. tankguy

tankguy Vice President

When I was involved in another club we had heard about the dbtc. We wanted to bring something similar but we also thought the only the core members would really do this. So many people come and go and there will always be people who take and run. I personally love this concept and have some frags ready to go either at the swap or here on the site. These frags are from some very nice and generous people I have met since joining BAR and moving back. I plan on fully being active here as time goes by.

7. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Go to hear it! The more the merrier!

8. tankguy

tankguy Vice President

Im starting to wonder if this has run its course. Ive seen zero activity and really cant figure it out.

9. gimmito

gimmito Supporting Member

Maybe revamping the DBTC ? How about a point/level system used for breeding ? Depending on the commoness or rarity of the coral you will be given "x" amount of points. After so many DBTC's you will reach certain levels and given a title (eg. Frag Master...maybe they can have that title under their username for all to see). Not only can you get bragging rights for the amount you put into the DBTC, but at the December meeting we can give gift cards to a LFS for the top 5 members in the club.

Thoughts ?

10. tankguy

tankguy Vice President

I like that Jim

11. Piper

Piper Guppy

I like the point system idea as well. Sending out e-mail ticklers every once in a while might help too. One day I might have something other than bird's nest frags that nobody wants that I can put into DBTC :)

~Charlie

12. denzil

denzil Webmaster

That sounds like a good proposed solution, Jim. :)