Reef nutrition

DBTCX-Monti Setosa

here is a bad one

20071226_9.jpg

They'll be orange or pink depending on the lighting and water.

I've seen the same piece go back and forth between the colors.

A lot of the ones you see posted on RC are pinkish.

Now Norman, you wouldn't be giving out DBTC frags without a thread now would you? That's grounds for ......... I don't know, I'll think of something :) Seriously though, make sure you have a thread so we (I guess that's just me) can track them better.

[quote author=Mr. Ugly link=topic=3021.msg32870#msg32870 date=1202884091]
They'll be orange or pink depending on the lighting and water.

I've seen the same piece go back and forth between the colors.

A lot of the ones you see posted on RC are pinkish.
[/quote]

Ok - I skip my frag for someone else who doesn't have it at all. :D

[quote author=LeviTillie link=topic=3021.msg32932#msg32932 date=1202915234]
Now Norman, you wouldn't be giving out DBTC frags without a thread now would you? That's grounds for ......... I don't know, I'll think of something :) Seriously though, make sure you have a thread so we (I guess that's just me) can track them better.
[/quote]

Hehe... that was back in November :D

http://www.bareefers.org/discussion/index.php?topic=2638.0

So I now have one available again. Remember you must meet/agree with these requirements:

- you are a BAR member
- you've had experience with SPS
- you agree to frag to at least 3 other person for free before trading etc.
- you can pick it up from me at a my house in Burlingame or at the March BOD meeting.
- you agree to donate at least one future "semi-extreme" frag to DBTC (to be named in your request for a frag)
- you agree to give me a frag back if my tank ever crashes

I have lifted the car washing requirement :)

Bryan, I think you need to mention how many of these you have, I'm counting at least 4 folks in line alread :)

Thales
sulcata1619
cwolfus
wakskat

Thales decided to pass as he believes he has one already

Cwolfus is going to be taking 1 frag

No one esle has posted that has met all the other requirements (namely this one)

- you agree to donate at least one future "semi-extreme" frag to DBTC (to be named in your request for a frag)

Sorry to slightly derail this thread, but this is where the fans of Setosa are.
I don't get it with this coral. What is so special about it to warrant everyone wanting it? It doesnt have a crazy color combo or anything. It looks like a plain redish orange monti. Of course all I have to go by is images (haven't seen in person). Usually these color morphs of coral in general are the "cheap" corals at the LFS.

d_8.jpg

It's the pink/orange coloration on it. Very unusual and I can only count two corals with it, the setosa and the orenji danae (both of which I don't have currently; lost the orenji awhile back).

Back