got ethical husbandry?

[Dec 6, 2014] End-of-the-Year Potluck with Richard Ross (Hayward, CA)

I updated above but in case you missed it, Rich will be discussing:

Phosphate – that word you keep using, I do not think it means what you think it means.

The drive to lower phosphate levels in reef aquaria has consumed reefers for the last decade, but is this never ending quest really necessary to have a thriving reef tank? This talk will discuss successful reef aquariums that run ‘high’ and ‘absurdly high’ phosphate and nitrate levels without experiencing disaster, possible reasons why this is happening, issues with testing, and what this might mean for reef keeping in general.

My wife talked with Rich today at the academy, he told her the topic of the talk said that I would love it, then she told me she's probably going to bring some knitting to do :D

Good timing for a talk like that!!
There have been a lot of discussion on phosphates lately in our forums.
:)
(probably not a coincidence?)

I wish I could make it being a new member but already have plans....

If any one is going that could video or even audio record the discussion that Rich is giving on Phosphates would be a great addition to the ones that would love to come but had prior commitments...

Thanks Jon

Hello all, I'm new to the forum and havent gotten a chance to introduce myself in the introductory thread but was wondering if its too late to rsvp to go? I can bring some brisket from carmens since im craving some bbq.

Hello all, I'm new to the forum and havent gotten a chance to introduce myself in the introductory thread but was wondering if its too late to rsvp to go? I can bring some brisket from carmens since im craving some bbq.
Definitely not too late. We are not so formal. :)

Never too late - come on by and meet everyone!

First rule of BAR meets...

You bring brisket you are WELCOME!

:D:D:D

Anyone who wasn't able to catch the presentation let me know and we can arrange a reshow.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
For those of you that didn't make the meet...

You didn't miss much. The food was lousy, the speaker, well, he's just a lazy.

Naw! Just kidding.

Great to see everyone - some new faces and missing some of the 'old' crowd.

Awesome time today with good food (we had enough food for an army) and friends and an entertaining, informative talk by Rich. Tyler, your cheesecake was fantastic! I'm looking forward to this next year.
Rich, thanks for the meeting after the meeting.

Back