got ethical husbandry?

[Dec 6, 2014] End-of-the-Year Potluck with Richard Ross (Hayward, CA)

Thank you guys for allowing me to come! My first meet exceeded my expectations! Food was great, as well as the speaker and company. Im sorry i wasnt able to meet everyone, just came off a 12 hour shift at 6am and had to go back to work today at 6pm. Im actually sitting at work typing this.....shhhhhh. Hope to meet you all again soon.

I'm really glad to hear that it sounds like everyone had a great time. As always, please feel free to share your thoughts on what you liked and what can be improved. We're always looking to host better and better events and we can't make that happen without you, the members!

Thanks everyone - food was yummy and it was great to see everyone that showed up! I really enjoyed Rich's talk and glad Tyler recorded it. Thank you to those who quickly helped set up and clean afterwards!!

Let's make sure someone always takes photos at our events. Its part of sharing to the group and most importantly marketing on social media :)

Lol I'd be up for it if there was really a BOD role for photography ;)

Speaking of photos, it would be great to have a section in the forum to have a gallery featuring latest FTS from all members in our group...

@denzil @neuro #feature-request

Great event all! That much good food was the last thing I needed!

I am reenergized on reef keeping, thrilled to see all the club members and have frag glue again!

And if I learned one thing today, is we have too many Mikes in the club, we need to switch things up, we need a Michael, a Micky, a Yo Mikey, a MickD, and the rest can go by their initials.

Rich you never told us what you thought about GFO and the different brands! I havent sent mine up since using it on my old tank and now recently upgraded. I used to use the BRS brand. I currently have a slight green hair algae after cycling my tank. My wife, who i kinda had to convince "beg" to come with me even after having a couple glasses of wine the night before, really enjoyed your presentation. With only 4 hours asleep i was able to stay awake the whole time! Awesome presentation.

Speaking of photos, it would be great to have a section in the forum to have a gallery featuring latest FTS from all members in our group...

There's always an open role for anyone; the more, the merrier. Previously, I kind of informally designated myself as club photographer but it's really open to anyone. However, if you're interested in being the club photographer, I'm sure we'd be open to that as well. Now that I'm President, I have to weigh most of my focus on presidential duties instead of the website (thanks @neuro, @Bluprntguy, @tygunn) and photography.

Main duties for any position on the BOD are attending BOD meetings and as many club functions as possible. If you'd like to take pics and gather pics from other and be I charge of posting them and or creating a current tank shots gallery the job is yours as far as I'm concerned...the more people that are excited about the club and interested in doing things that they feel will make it better the merrier!

Back