Kessil

December 11th BAR meeting featuring Rich Ross

If there is anything anyone would like to see covered in the talk, please post it or send me a pm and I'll do my best to cover it. :D

We're in. This should be fun. Getting ready for the informational sarcasm. Just kidding, or am I? This year we're bringing an awesome clam dip and chips. Guaranteed to please. Ummm

Thales said:
If there is anything anyone would like to see covered in the talk, please post it or send me a pm and I'll do my best to cover it. :D
How about that new ich cure? Garlic, ginger, fermented black beans, and red chili flakes :D

The salinity standard seems to be reading about 3 PPT low. I compared it to 2 bottles of 53ms bottles (1 almost done and 1 new). Any chance we can get a new batch made?

Also what time do we expect this meeting to be over at?

houser said:
I got 2 bottles of standard and both had leaky caps. The third was leak tight and matched pinpoint.

I take it the 2 bottles were off? Maybe I should pickup a couple bottles to compare.

What time do we expect the meeting over at?

If you guys want an ultra high-precision salinity test, bring some samples out to my lab sometime...I've got a freeze-point depression osmometer and some calibrated standards. The osmometer is accurate to about plus/minus 1-2 milliosmolar (distilled deionized water = 0 milliosmolar, seawater = 1100 milliosmolar, so this is precise to within 0.2%).

Back