December 2010 Financials

Discussion in 'Club Financials & Minutes' started by Tumbleweed, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Guest

Well here is my first attempt at posting the financials for the club.

In the first file you can see the comparison from the previous statement date between this year and last. The only significant difference is the cost of the web hosting fees and sponsor gifts. This year all web hosting fees where paid at the end of the year. Last year the payments were made in multiple smaller amounts throughout the year. This year we also did not purchase gifts for the sponsors.

The second file is a comparison for the entire year to date between this year and last year. We were down slightly in membership fees from last year (15 members) but still holding strong. We had a much larger turn out this year then last for our regional swap. The difference in costs between this year and last is due to the fact that last year we purchased our standards (Alk, Salinity, & Povidone). There was also a slight increase in speaker fees this year because Jeremy did an outstanding job bringing in some top notch speakers. Also there was a large increase in profits from BAYMAC this year to last.

The final sheet is our Balance sheet showing the clubs total assets for the year. There is a reserve fund of approximately $6000 for one years total expenses. The club has also earmarked other funds for purchases for the upcoming year:
    $1000 for a frag tank setup for events like BAYMAC
    Corals for the Prop program
    Additional funds for more out of town speakers.

All in all it was a good year for the club.

Attached files Balance Sheet.pdf (26.9 KB) Previous Comparison.pdf (27 KB) Profit Loss YTD Comparison.pdf (32.8 KB)

2. patchin

patchin Facilities / Event Coordinator

Good explanation, Brian. Wouldn't have made sense of the numbers otherwise. thank You

3. seminolecpa

seminolecpa Past President

What are you a treasurer or something?

Wow, that font is terrible. Must be a Mac thing.

4. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

Our little treasurer. He's all grow'd up now :D

5. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Guest

Yeah well someone went and quit so someone had to do it.

And yes it is a Mac. I know you know how it looks because you own one.

6. sfboarders

sfboarders Guest

How come webhosting is so expensive?

7. seminolecpa

8. patrickb

patrickb Supporting Member

Thanks for posting! We're rich bitch!

9. sfboarders

sfboarders Guest

$343 for 1 years worth of webhosting? If so, that's expensive. I have some extra space on my webhost which can be used for free.

10. seminolecpa

Um. I am not sure you realize how much space and bandwith this forum uses. Believe me Erin and others have put much effort into ensuring we not only get a reasonable rate, but also use a site that does not slow the performance of the forum and/or the access members have to it. The forum is the life blood of the club and thus probably one of the most crucial pieces. Monthly fees consist of $49 for the web hosting and $20 for the backup hosting.

11. sfboarders

sfboarders Guest

Just bringing it up because I think you can save some money in this part. So many reliable companies that offer unlimited bandwidth and a boat load of storage.

Like they say "If ain't broke don't fix it." :)

12. seminolecpa

Trust me, no one hates spending money more then me (ask around). We tried several different companies and this has been the one that has worked out the best for us so far. You are fortunate to have missed some of the monster forum crashes we have had in the past. they haven't been pretty. Our main goal here was stability and reliability. Cost was a factor but came tertiary to the others.

13. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Guest

^ Cheap skate!!!

14. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

Yep, it had been borked bad in multiple ways in the past. And the current setup is the best fix evar! :D

15. rygh

rygh Supporting Member

Yes, please please please do not go bargain basement on web hosting!!!

The bargain promises usually mean : "Low flat fee for the skimpy bandwidth we decide to give you,
    on a sometimes-running antique host, shared with a million other sites running scripts as well".
    :-(

16. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

And from big name companies even.

And we've been through, "My work will let us share some space for free..." also.

17. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Guest

To be honest our overall fees for the club are very minor portion of expenses for the year. The last couple years we have been taking in more money then in the previous years, and we currently looking for other ways to spend it to improve the club. Like more out of town speakers, prop corals and a frag tank for shows.