Reef nutrition

December Meeting/Potluck - December 13

Wooohoo. I'll be able to make it on one. Although i would like to bring Spam Musubi, Kalua pork or some lau-lau. I think my local cooking skill is not up to par. So, instead i'l bring some ribs.

I'm hoping to make it for at least a little while (we have a company dinner after).

I'll TRY and bring some (homemade) cinnamon rolls, just so that I can keep a few at home, and have an excuse to make them!
(Don't worry, they'll be healthy, I plan to soak them in Selcon overnight)

V

Hey Drdoolittle, you from HI too?

Good thinking Vince, we all need omega 3/6 and vitamins to counteract all the junk food we gorge on from Halloween through New Years. ;D

Hey guy what time is the potluck? I might not be able to attend the meeting :( .. want to go up there and give people stuff that I promised. I want to go there as early as possible.

:D Great Drdoolittle! Hey, we should make Ogo salad for the club! Do you think anyone would eat it? If not, I know the fish would... ;D Now, only if we could find it fresh somewhere for cheap. Human consumption prices vs. fish consumption prices. Do you know of any asian markets that carrry it fresh?

Phong, I think it is the regular time-1pm. Eileen would know best though. I can try to come earlier (12:30-12:45ish) if that would help. You're not staying for the potluck?

I thought speaker starts at 1PM. Not sure how you can eat and listen at the sametime. I know when I chew I don't hear well ;D .. Might not be able to stay at all. :( .. something just come up..

I've been to 3 meetings so far. Not one started on time... more like "Hawaiian time". Casual, relaxed atmosphere. People are allowed to eat while the speaker speaks. You should grab food first, then go, if you are driving all that way to the meeting to drop stuff off. I'm sure no one would begrudge you for doing so. :D

If you need to reschedule drop off of "stuff", I'm sure everyone would understand. We all have unplanned things that "come up" every so often.

It never hurts to come a little earlier for any event right? :D

Sit - talk, Stand - talk, Sit - Listen & Eat = Having a Really Good Time!!!

[quote author=Elite link=topic=5159.msg67189#msg67189 date=1228436034]
I thought speaker starts at 1PM. Not sure how you can eat and listen at the sametime. I know when I chew I don't hear well ;D .. Might not be able to stay at all. :( .. something just come up..
[/quote]

Dude I'll be driving North from South San Jose, I can relay stuff from your place to the meeting and back (especially if it's food) mmmmm ;-)

p.s. I can bring some salsa/whakamole and chips.

I think earlier is better myself.

also, the presentation will start at 1:15 at the latest, it's best we stick to a schedule as that is what time is specified. If you come a little late that's fine, just tiptoe in because some of us are fascinated with the topic ;)

[quote author=Raddogz link=topic=5159.msg67207#msg67207 date=1228446317]
It never hurts to come a little earlier for any event right? :D

Sit - talk, Stand - talk, Sit - Listen & Eat = Having a Really Good Time!!!
[/quote] :

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=5159.msg67208#msg67208 date=1228446563]
Could be a like hot pot where people just graze all day long :D

[/quote]

Sounds good to me! Since I run on Hawaiian time, I'll shoot for 12 so I can get there before 1:00. ;D

BTW, is there an outlet I can use for the crockpot?

[quote author=Zepplock link=topic=5159.msg67209#msg67209 date=1228446695]
[quote author=Elite link=topic=5159.msg67189#msg67189 date=1228436034]
[/quote]

Dude I'll be driving North from South San Jose, I can relay stuff from your place to the meeting and back (especially if it's food) mmmmm ;-)

p.s. I can bring some salsa/whakamole and chips.
[/quote]

I need to pick up couple frags from couple people too.. if they don't come, I will contact you to drop off some stuff for me.
Thanks man!!

Lyn, I use to go to Takahashi in San Mateo. they use to sell it fresh on certain days. But i have gone there in a while. So i'm not sure if they still do.

Back