Our mission

December Meeting/Potluck - December 13

Ok just briefly went through the post and wrote down what people said they'd bring just so others can give a quick glance and see if there are any holes that need to be filled etc. I'm still deciding what I'll bring, which is why I'm doing this. I would volunteer plates, but I don't know if I'd get there early enough to be useful. I'll still think.

Main Dishes/Sides
BBQ Brisket - Mr. Ugly
Tandoori Chicken or Curry - Tapmorph
Seafood, Smoked fish or crab/shrimp - Tuberider
Crockpot o' food(??) - Lyn
Chow Mein - Apon
Ribs - DrDoolittle

For the herbivores/tangs amongst us (FIBER!)

Salad - TimTen
Veggies or Salad - 70Cuda

Snacking/finger foods

Homemade Eggrolls - Tumbleweed
Chicken Wings - Dswong01
Eggroll - Xinumaster
Salsa/dip & Chips - Zepplock
Chips & Dip - Alve

Sugar & Beverages (most probably sugar filled) :)
Brownies or Cookies - Bayareaquarist
Drinks, Soda, Snapple, etc - Whisk
Cookies & Softdrinks - ReeferGirl
Cinammon Rolls - Vincerama (if he comes)

btw what's the difference between a chinese eggroll and a vietnamese eggroll? I had a "Vietnamese sandwich" at the SF Tank tour, which only seemed different from the fact there were carrots and other veggies as opposed to lettuce/tomato/etc.

[quote author=Lyn link=topic=5159.msg63940#msg63940 date=1226606782]

Ok, so I will bring Kalua Pig and homemade cookies.
[/quote]

Crockpot O' Kalua Pig plugged in near the bar, at BAR. :D

and...more cookies! I would have made a different desert had I known so many wanted to bring cookies, but I already made these (took 3 days), and they are in the freezer waiting for next Saturday to be munched. :D

Looks like it is going to be a great potluck!

I will be bringing something to eat, not sure what yet but you can be sure it will be Italian, cooked with lots of olive oil, and have a shitton of garlic.

I think, from what I've read in other posts, alcohol is not allowed on the premises because it is a business and does not have a liquor license.

The meeting this Saturday, 12/13/08 featuring Mitch Carl will be held at The Aquarium Showroom. Here is the google maps link.

Those participating in the potluck are encouraged to show up at 12:00. The meeting will begin, as usual, at 1pm.

We will have a raffle sponsored by Atlantis Aquarium, Aquatic Central, Aquatic Collection, and Dolphin Pet Village.

And this is not a permanent location. I did start another thread, but there is no need to sticky.

Also, an email should follow shortly. ;)

I'm afraid I won't be able to make this one. Please scratch out my biscotti, unless someone around El Sobrante wants to pickup.

Back