Our mission

December Meeting/Potluck - December 13

Good times! Good food! Good speaker! "Mitch is the man" is what I took home :)

Sorry to hear about your b/f's dad Kelly it must be incredibly difficult for you guys right now.

Enjoyed the entire day, the kids soaked up more information than I did. Of course their favorite part was the drunk cat and the Iguana that pooped, lol. That aside they did absorb alot of information and surprised me with all they retained as they informed grandpa in a phone conversation later. Mich not only showed an ability to grab the rapt attention of my family, but to make something informative and educational entertaining. So exciting to see everyone ( I was in pink sweater ) and look forward to many more successful BAR meetings.

I'm just gonna bring a sweater next time!

Funny thing is that as I was leaving the house, my wife said "Take your puffy vest" Which I replied with "I'm going to San Jose, this jacket is enough, plus it's indoors!" ... Oh my kingdom for my puffy vest! :)

But temperature complaints aside...thanks Max for letting us use the space (though I did buy a fish in his store while eating!)

And thanks to the guest speaker for carrying on like a trooper despite the cold and the misconfigured projector!

I learned a lot today, not even so much about what SECORE does, but I never knew corals reproduced like that, and the fluourescing coral viewing glasses sound really cool!

A good time! I had to split early to head back up to SM to get my wife so I could drive all the way back down to go to a company Christmas party.

Also, thanks for the frags Lyn, Tapmorph, Blue Nassarius and sfsuphysics!

V

Thanks to Mitch for the wonderful sex talk.
Thanks to Max for the space. The place is huge and you have some nice stuff.
Name tags would help. We only know peoples handles :p
For the next event, wear extra layers everyone... I was actually worried about the corals too though...

Meeting was fun and Mitch was a very entertaining speaker...only thing that stuck in my head was his friend's wife's quote about him being good at sucking...LOL we should have name tags next time as i only met one person and that was Matt (Dyngoe) nice meeting you Matt...Better yet why not create a thread with each member's pic of themselves and their family and or tank???

Mitch's presentation was great. This was my first meeting and I was really happy with the quality of the presentation. I missed the pot luck portion so I'll have to catch that next time. I agree that name tags would help. Also, I'll remember to bring cash next time so I can participate in the raffle. Max's joint is great. I work fairly close by so I've been in about every other week since he opened the doors. Looking forward to the Feb frag swap!

I'm with Vince, "Oh it's San Jose... it'll be like 70 there..." then I happen to sit on a metal chair.. oooof... but once Charles flipped the heater on (an hour into the presentation :|) things were a bit more comfortable.

Mitch's talk, totally bad ass. While I doubt I'll try to breed my pocillipora, it was informative. Plus he's got an interesting laid back approach to speaking.

[quote author=patchin link=topic=5159.msg69188#msg69188 date=1229227278]
Sorry to hear of the bad news. Is there anything we can do to help with your tank(s)?
[/quote]

Ditto. If there is anything I can do let me know. I'm up in Oakland a lot and I can do a water change or something :)

I knew you guys would like Mitch's talk :) His talk is one of the highlights of all the ones I saw last year :)

I had a great time eating, learning, winning, sharing, and most of all, meeting the people behind all those funny screen names. :D

I enjoyed the enthusiastic way in which Mitch Carl presented a topic near and dear to his heart!
Although, I wished he had used the mic everytime he turned around to talk towards the screen; I didn't want to miss anything he said.

Thanks Gresham for the raffle prizes. I was so psyched about getting a bottle of oyster sauce! ..I mean Oyster Feast, that I didn't even notice the coral I had won. (Which is amazing, and I'll need help IDing it as soon as I can post a pic.)

We need to have more potlucks. It gives us a chance to talk to and meet less "vocal" BAR members too. :)

Great job Charles on your first general meeting as BAR president!

thanks guys. i really appreciate the kind words. i hope i make it to the next meeting, im super bummed out that i missed it. i think my tanks will be ok. john gave them some TLC last night, so i think i'll do the same tonight, and go buy some saltwater, only because i dont have the time to mix my own, and its more convenient for me right now lol.. goin back up to oregon this weekend.. so tired.. lol.

Hi everyone
I want to say thanks for the presentation at the meeting. It was very informative and interesting.
It was also nice to met some of the members like Lyn, pixelpixi (thanks for the chaeto), and everyone else that I got to meet. I hope to see you guys and girls at the next meeting.
Reefergirl, I am sorry to hear about your B/f's dad. I hope things get better.

See you later

Gus

Back