Didn't know we left RC because of this

Discussion in 'General Club Business' started by Elite, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Elite

Elite Guest

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=14023791#post14023791

2. bookfish

bookfish Guest

We didn't. In fact it had a lot more to do with MARS members coming on the BAR RC forum and treating it like their own personal selling forum. The number of FS/FT/WTB threads simply overwhelmed our RC forum. I responded to the RC thread in question and I thank you for pointing it out.-Jim

3. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

Good response. IMO it won't be long now until MARS forum gets merged into the Greater Bay Area forum if they keep ithat up.

4. Elite

Elite Guest

I didn't think so Jim but I didn't want to response. I like your response..

5. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Yeah I thought "we left" because we wanted our own community such that we could separate posts into different subforums and the like.

6. bookfish

bookfish Guest

And that our Mission was getting lost in the RC forum and we didn't really ever understand our responsibilities on RC. The forum bore the clubs incorporated, unique and specific name but was admin'd and modded by RC staff. Also, the IRS making BAR refile as a 501 C-4 was mainly due to the IRS viewing our RC forum and (correctly IMO) not seeing the "social good" aspect but more the "benefits club members mostly" aspect.

7. bookfish

bookfish Guest

Luckily, we're here now.

8. tuberider

tuberider Guest

[quote author=bookfish link=topic=5729.msg71818#msg71818 date=1230518036]
    Luckily, we're here now.
    [/quote]

Wait where are we?

9. bookfish

bookfish Guest

You're in Narnia.
    I'm on an island in the Pacific.

10. Thales

Thales Past President

Guys, we left RC because we had no control of the forum but our name was on it. all the rest is extra. :D

11. Vincerama2

Vincerama2 Evil Overlord

yeah, remember the MASSIVE "Post your for sale items here" thread that was split like a thousand times? I'm sure they didn't like that! (It was a good thread though!) Then it just spilling into the forum. Glad that BAREEFER forums have a seperate local trading forum.

V