Jestersix

Dip

Hey all, I asked this a while back what you all dip your frags in ...
if i recall, most of you prefer to dip your corals in TMPCC.
1. Why is this preferred over Lugols?
2. Where can I get TMPCC, and how much does it cost
3. How much do you use? [Lugols and TMPCC] How long do you dip?
4. It gets rid of most pests (flatworms >:()? I figure during the dip I will baste the frags to try and blow off any pests. Sound good?

I'm in love with Revive.

That said, IME TMPCC is a bit stronger than lugols especially when it comes to red bugs, it seems to cause hem to release quicker.

[quote author=tuberider link=topic=6312.msg80458#msg80458 date=1234386151]
I'm in love with Revive.

That said, IME TMPCC is a bit stronger than lugols especially when it comes to red bugs, it seems to cause hem to release quicker.
[/quote]

What's so special about Revive, Jeremy? I have two small bottles coming in for somebody but I have never use it before. From the brief description I've read, it's another kind of dip right?

TIA!

One of the BAR guest speakers, I don't remember who, mentioned that TPMCC was great at halting RTN on SPS.
Maybe some others can elaborate?

And with all due respect to dips, the best thing to do is quaratine new frags!

V

[quote author=robert4025 link=topic=6312.msg80470#msg80470 date=1234388250]
[quote author=tuberider link=topic=6312.msg80458#msg80458 date=1234386151]
I'm in love with Revive.

[/quote]

What's so special about Revive, Jeremy? I have two small bottles coming in for somebody but I have never use it before. From the brief description I've read, it's another kind of dip right?

TIA!
[/quote]
It's super mild on the corals (as evidenced by my knuckle headed lapse in memory that left frags in the dip for 1 1/2 hrs where all of the frags lived), yet stuns everything very quickly.

Plus it smells good too!

[quote author=A_Lee link=topic=6312.msg80508#msg80508 date=1234400641]
would is work for most common pests? Where can I get this miracle dip?
[/quote]

Yep, that's what it's for, it works real well for STN as well. I got mine through a reputable online dealer as not too many places in the Bay Area carry it.

Have fun
http://www.bareefers.org/discussion/index.php?topic=451.0

http://www.bareefers.org/discussion/index.php?topic=2339.0

[quote author=Nanocube-boy link=topic=6312.msg89607#msg89607 date=1237329786]
how do you dip anyways? What do you use, Lugols iodine? how much do i add and what water, ro, or saltwer?
[/quote]

Check out the links Phong posted, more info than you can shake a stick at ;D

Back