Jestersix

Dip

[quote author=650-IS350 link=topic=6312.msg89755#msg89755 date=1237353671]
I've heard of it.. who makes it again? Its made of plant extracts right? should I be converted Jeremy
[/quote]

I think you should have been converted a while ago :D. TLF makes it, it's cheap and works real well for STN as well as pests ;D

[quote author=A_Lee link=topic=6312.msg89771#msg89771 date=1237354559]
Does anywhere local sell it? And is it as expensive as TMPCC? :(
[/quote]

It's way cheaper than TMPCC and the only place that I know that carries it is Neptune Aquatics.

Charles it does piss off the AEFW quite a bit along with all of the other FWs

[quote author=Nanocube-boy link=topic=6312.msg89786#msg89786 date=1237355021]
What's TMPCC?
[/quote]

Tropic Marin Pro Coral Cure, a VERY good but harsh dip for various coral ailments, Montiporas especially dislike it.

1st choice for me is Revive, with Povidone a close 2nd.

I'll use either one that's handy.

You can get Povidone at Long's or whatever it's called now. Walgreens and the like, too.

Easy to use a small container instead of a bucket.

Add enough Povidone to mak it darker than Budweiser but lighter than strong tea.

You can dip for 15 minutes or so.

Use a turkey baster periodically to squirt loose any pests.

Povidone is effective over a wide range of concentrations.

Contact time is more critical than concentration.

Norman, is this still called Povidone at most stores?

They only coral I know that HATE TMPCC is Setosas'. Bastards RTN on me after dips.

How are these with Palythoas/Grandis's and protopalys? I know some of these polyps are seciptible to dips unlike zoanthids.

Cool, I'll try to go to the april meeting. I have never really attended a meeting due to previous work schedule ( work sat ) so with the new schedule I might be able to.

[quote author=tuberider link=topic=6312.msg89790#msg89790 date=1237355348]
[quote author=Nanocube-boy link=topic=6312.msg89786#msg89786 date=1237355021]
What's TMPCC?
[/quote]

Tropic Marin Pro Coral Cure, a VERY good but harsh dip for various coral ailments, Montiporas especially dislike it.
[/quote]

Some club speaker mentioned that TMPCC works very well for stopping RTN.

V

I've never used a dip that works "well" for RTN. Only thing that has ever worked for RTN for me is fragging the coral well into the good tissue. Even that is iffy.

Back