Reef nutrition

Diver's Paradise: Felicia's Scuba-Inspired 30 Gallon

denzil said:
Congrats on the new MP10! Welcome to the club. :)
Thanks! I'm finally in the "high tech reefers with enough money for a $235 powerhead" club. Yes! haha!

Speaking of new equipment, here's an order I just placed through Amazon.

I love having the ATO on the 30 gallon so much that I decided I had to have one for the frag tank. The trash can is going to be the freshwater reservoir since its the perfect size to fit inside the stand for the 10 gallon frag tank. Also, I love Amazon because shipping was free and all this will be arriving by Tuesday!

denzil said:
That picture is just so amazing... love the colors.
Its a stunning photo. I can't take credit for this one though. That's the photo Joe posted when he put up the update of corals in stock at Aquatic Collections. I love the purple with the lighter base.

tr1gger said:
Kris and I were JUST talking about you and your tank :) beautiful piece for sure!
Oh really? Good things I hope! If you guys come on the East Bay Tank tour next month, you'll get to see it in person. Aquatic Collections had some really nice pieces when I went in yesterday.

I'm just starting.
I have a tank, but no salt water yet. Still planning.
I like your tank, it is so colorful, with so much variety. Terrific!

I don't actually think you could do much of a temperate tank, could you?
I think all the plants and animals on the Calif coast are protected and can't be collected (I would hope...).
I haven't seen anyone online selling temperate species (except for just a few that I think they maybe shouldn't
be selling because people probably try to keep them in tropical tanks.)
Temperate water aquariums are really beautiful but it seems to me almost impossible to setup.

Love your tank, keep up the good work. : ) Jim

Was at AC visiting Karson .... man I wish I could keep sps as he had some really nice SPS there . Managed to score a coue colonies of Z n P that will soon be in dbtc. Congrats on the MP10

Jim123 said:
I'm just starting.
I have a tank, but no salt water yet. Still planning.
I like your tank, it is so colorful, with so much variety. Terrific!

I don't actually think you could do much of a temperate tank, could you?
I think all the plants and animals on the Calif coast are protected and can't be collected (I would hope...).
I haven't seen anyone online selling temperate species (except for just a few that I think they maybe shouldn't
be selling because people probably try to keep them in tropical tanks.)
Temperate water aquariums are really beautiful but it seems to me almost impossible to setup.

Love your tank, keep up the good work. : ) Jim
Good luck with setting up the new tank! The BAR forums are definitely a good place to get input and advice. :)

Thank you for the compliments on my tank! I'm glad you like it :)

Yes, you can do a temperate tank and there are people who do, although they are not nearly as popular as tropical tanks. You just need a chiller powerful enough to keep the tank temperature around 55-60 degrees and then there are actually a few small companies who sell temperate livestock. There are a few nice temperate tanks on Nano-Reef.com. I'd love to have one someday! You are right about collecting in California. You have to have really specialized permits and then there are still a lot of things you aren't allowed to collect. I'll try to find the links to a couple temperate tanks on Nano-Reef and send them your way :)

650-IS350 said:
Was at AC visiting Karson .... man I wish I could keep sps as he had some really nice SPS there . Managed to score a coue colonies of Z n P that will soon be in dbtc. Congrats on the MP10
They do get in a lot of very nice SPS colonies and the prices are very reasonable. I don't have all that many SPS corals since my tank is definitely a mixed reef. I have quite a few varieties of zoas and palys. They have some nice ones at AC but they're always big colonies that are too big for my tiny tank.

And thanks! I'm loving the MP10 so far.

I have a ton of new photos of the tank!

My favorite from the batch.  Fun angle!
IMG_2682Edit.jpg

New layout of the SPS area.
IMG_2571Edit.jpg

The new tri-color acropora plana colony.
IMG_2542Edit.jpg

IMG_2725Edit.jpg

Sour Apple Birdnest
IMG_2645Edit.jpg

Undata and Neon Goby
IMG_2702Edit.jpg

Neon Goby
IMG_2649Edit.jpg

Grube's Gorgonian
IMG_2533Edit.jpg

Scarlett hermit crab and pastel rainbow yumas.
IMG_2604Edit.jpg

Chalice
IMG_2592Edit.jpg

Purple Ribbon Gorg
IMG_2659Edit.jpg

View of the ribbon gorg behind some of the zoas.
IMG_2606Edit.jpg

IMG_2615Edit.jpg

One of the cleaner shrimp.
IMG_2634Edit.jpg

One of the LEDs was spotlighting on the frogspawn and giving a cool effect.
IMG_2654Edit.jpg

Red grape with the blue ochtodes in the background.
IMG_2723Edit.jpg

Zoas and palys
IMG_2642Edit.jpg

Back