Our mission

Diver's Paradise: Felicia's Scuba-Inspired 30 Gallon

I am amazed by how your Palys and Zoas get along and look so nice and healthy.
I tried to make a few rocks with a nice mixture like that, and quickly
ended up with a miserable mess, then these ugly silver palys taking over completely.
But I sortof randomly picked by color - oops.

aqua-nut said:
Beautiful!

Lily doesn't look 'reef safe'. :)
Thank you! Lily looks like she wanted to swat my midas blenny around if there wasn't glass between them. She's definitely not very reef safe. Luckily her hair is though because it ends up in the tank ALL THE TIME.

rygh said:
I am amazed by how your Palys and Zoas get along and look so nice and healthy.
I tried to make a few rocks with a nice mixture like that, and quickly
ended up with a miserable mess, then these ugly silver palys taking over completely.
But I sortof randomly picked by color - oops.
Getting them to grow together successfully is definitely hit or miss. There were a couple varieties on this rock that got choked out when everything grew in. Luckily I managed to get a good balance of colors and growth rates so that this rock stays healthy and nice looking. I just have to frag occasionally to keep the colonies balanced. I'm trying to do this on another rock with the blondies, rastas, pink zippers, etc that I posted a photo of, so we'll see how that goes. You've just got to get a group of them that grows well but not like weeds and then frag strategically as they grow in.

I just took a bunch of photos of the tank. I figured they were overdue since I've been focusing on the new build. :) Here's my new mandarin, Podrick, being handsome. :) The blue neon goby. Chillin' on the glass next to a bunch of pods. With his buddy, Johnny. Now for some coral photos. Pink birdsnest Millepora Red monti Scoly Punk Rocker zoas Zoas Green mushroom. I'm planning to move this one into the seahorse tank. Green fuzzy mushroom Blue Ricordea Yellow and blue ricordea Lots of ricordea

Ok guys, so I need some advice. Something is wrong with my midas blenny. He started looking a bit skinny a couple weeks ago and I've upped feeding as a result. He normally goes after food like crazy and is always begging for food, so I assumed he was getting plenty. The last couple days I have noticed he snatches pieces of food but then opens and closes his mouth like he's choking and then spits the food back out. I don't think he's managing to get much of anything down. I've been trying to feed him mysis, ova, pellets, and flakes but he's looking super skinny the last couple days. Does anyone know what the issue could be? What could be making him cough his food back up?

Back