Neptune Aquatics

DIY Gravity-fed ATO - Container/Reservoir Ideas?

I am looking to build a gravity/vacuum fed ATO, but I can't really seem to find the right container for the job. I need something aesthetically pleasing and absolutely air tight when sealed. It'd be nice if it was something easily drilled.

Any ideas?

So far I am thinking a large preserves jar (the type with the latching top and rubber gasket) would be the best, but am still hoping for some sort of miraculous solution that I've not yet thought of.

I have a 6 gallon glass carboy with a stopper in it you can have. It was my top off solution for years. Not sure how pleasing it is to look at though.

If you want to diy look up a brewery store and buy a tile drill bit.

I'm actually really restricted on space; my tank is just a 29g AIO and is somewhat isolated in a spot where there isn't anywhere to put anything much larger than a large mason jar (and in the middle of my living room, hence the aesthetic). Thanks for the offer though.. :)

I've heard of the sun tea jar being a standard practice but again, space... My tank is in a great spot for looking at but not so great a spot for maintenance and equipment. The carboy seems like a really good bet though, considering it's size and strength of the glass.

maybe those automatic plant water orbs. I've seen people do it, just need to drill some acrylic to hold it. Those as seen on TV ones.
http://www.thefind.com/garden/info-watering-globes

You can find one to match your living room. I would say maybe even 2. Since you're running a bio cube I'm assuming you can even drill the hood and just stick it in the 3rd chamber ( I don't have my hood anymore to check).

I have to admit it. Had a last minute trip and no one to match my tank.
Those water orbs from H/D or Lowes' worked great. Some even look like blown glass.

Back