High Tide Aquatics

DIY Wavebox and Youtube Video of it in action

Saw that, however the whole cost of the project revolves around around being able to find a 6100 at $200 which he claims can easily be done "they're all over the place" but good luck in being quick enough to snatch one up at that price.

I do love one of the comments in the section though, from person who obviously only knows about freshwater side of things :D
If you have movement in the water does that generate oxygen for the fish? I mean do you still need a oxygen bubble tube thing?

I havent played with it too much because im too impatient to keep adjusting and waiting for a minute each time, but I have made a 1 inch wave or so just playing around. Im sure I can get a little bigger if I tried. My tank is 6 feet long though so Im not going to get the giant wave like in this video.

Im afraid of my tanks seems busting after a couple of years, so I just stick with Reef Crest mode.

You can also find used Vortechs everynow and then now, so the cost difference between this project and a vortech isnt all that great.

Back