got ethical husbandry?

DJ power strips - each plug with its own switch

Thales

Past President
http://www.progearwarehouse.com/s.nl;jsessionid=ac112b1b1f4324036bf5468f4cf7ab6095a0f2e91b78.e3eTaxmKbNaNe34RbNaKah4Kb3b0n6jAmljGr5XDqQLvpAe?sc=2&search=PC-09

These are the ones I got. I love them.

I went to order two of these, but balked at the shipping cost ($17 for two $19 units).

I went to Fry's Electronics and went to the powerstrip section, there are a variety of choices of these things. I bought the cheapest (of course) it has surge supression (not particularly useful in this situation), 15 AMP breaker, 5 light-up switched sockets and a main socket. Of course, the switches are labelled Computer, Monitor, Printer, Aux1, Aux2 and Main, but that's nothing that masking tape and a pen can't fix (or a label maker).

They are often called "computer power station" or "computer control station" or something. Anyway, they have lots a Fry's and I'll bet you could find them at Office stores too.

5 outlets was just enough for my pumps (1 return, 1 skimmer, 3 in-tank flow), though 6 would have been nicer (so the ocean motions squirt wavemaker could have been added!)

The price ranged from $20 to $25. They have different "Joules" rating, but I went with the cheapest ones, since my pumps don't even come close to what a single computer would consume!

V

You can also go to Guitar Center for any DJ power box you might need.

Raddogz said:
How did you mount the dj panel?

Here is a bad pic:

IMG_5248.jpg

I use others that are just sitting on a shelf.

Back