got ethical husbandry?

Does a very small zoa polyp continue to grow in size?

I was able to acquire a very small rasta zoa single polyp.

I was wondering if this very small single polyp will continue to grow in size given time? Or will the size of the polyps get progressively larger as more polyps grow out and the colony increases?

Thanks,

Sam

It's possible they'll grow bigger, some "zoas" are smaller than other "zoas", in pictures they're always huge as all hell ;), so depends upon what you call "very small"

I would say rastas fall into the category of micro zoas along with LA Lakers and Super Saiyans ETC.... I have a colony of around 40 and they cover the same area as 4-5 large polyp zoas.

Reactions: Nav
My Rasta, BEB, hornets have gotten dime sized. They can get bigger .even some of my micro zoanthid s are doing very nicely.

My rastas are BIG! Normal sized zoas.

My Oompa loomps are small but have gotten bigger since i got them. I think they were getting too much light in the prev owners tank.

In my experience, if the zoa starts off small, most of the child polyps will also be small. I've seen very different sized zoas of the same kind.

I've got some of the Rastas from Wronggenotype and I would say there kinda In between micro and full size. Definitely bigger than the super saiyans I got from him. Light does seen to play a role in their size as well as the fullness of their skirt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back