Cali Kid Corals

Does anyone hang pendant MH's over their tank?

I'm deciding on if I want to go canopy or hanging pendant MH's above the new tank. I like the look of the hanging MH's, but there is no where to put the Reef brite strips. Obviously, with a canopy, this would not be an issue.

So for those who use hanging pendants (and those with experience) how would you recommend I setup the 2 or 3 Reef Brite strips?

If you look up Jestersix's setup he is using plasma light pendent style with reef brites. I have a lumenarc mini and used a coat hanger to attach a small LED strip to the back of the light. It looks so good you can't even tell there is a coat hanger on the back. :LOL: Of course this isnt the same as a reef brite strip and only provides off hours viewing light.

Have you thought of a floating canopy? Someone here or RC who lives in San Bruno has it that way and looks really good; Aquatic Collection? in Hayward has hanging canopies over the tanks.

Think they have an external bracket to attach to fixtures/pendants; saw something similar at BayMAC but can't recall the brand of the LED strips

I just found the reef brite DE pendants (http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=5060) and they look decently priced. Unless someone else knows of a better site.

Has anyone seen these bad boys in person? I'm assuming they don't look "cheap" ?

Any dealer that sells RB (like Neptune's) can get you the pendant, no need to pay Scott G. to ship it to you from the east coast.

They do not look cheap. If I were going with a pendant, it would be my only choice right now.

no one that i know or seen has one in the store setup.... but as far as pendants go its the sweetest option i have seen

i am probally going with 2 of these over my new frag tank

Back