Does anyone want free laptop memory??

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade' started by Elite, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Elite

Elite Guest

Not my pic but it's the same type.. It's 512MB each. I have some. Donation are welcome ;D ..

[​IMG]

2. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

Wrong type :( I really need to find 4g's of PC2-5300 (800MGH) non ECC for my work system. Fry's doesn't seem to have it, nor Tiger Direct :(

3. Elite

Elite Guest

You need 4GBs?? Are you looking for 1GB each or what? I have a crap load of memory. I'm not sure I have the one you need. Most of the pieces are 512MB though. I will check tonight.

4. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

Yah, I need 4x 1gb cards. Problem is, I need 800MGH which is not the usual speed they run it, it's much faster. I can do 8GB of 667MGH or 4GB of 800MGH. With my graphic applications I could use the speed more then the extra memory :)

5. Elite

Elite Guest

Your laptop can take 4 pieces of ram?? Or you are talking about desktop ram??

If you deal with graphic, why not get a really nice video card?

6. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

Desktop. Graphicsa card aka Video cards aren't the solution for graphics programs. They help with 3D renderring but not graphics programs per say. PS/IA/ID are memory hogs at the size I make stuff at :)

Not to mention I have a good video card :D

7. Elite

Elite Guest

what kind of video card? wanna try my 1GB ATI Firestream card?? :D
    I will check to see if I have any of those desktop RAM.. Won't be able to do that until next week.

8. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

Off hand I don't recall, but I know I'm running an ATI as well :) It's not the top of the line as I don't need that at the moment. The only thing I really needed from my video card was Directx9 or above and dual DVI/HDMI out. I don't do any gaming on that machine, nor any video or 3D renderring. I'll build a new machine for 3D stuff when I need it :)

Right now I'm on another project. We need to set up a multi monitor system, 16 to be precise. I'm talking with 9XMedia right now about getting ones of these systems:)

[​IMG]

http://9xmedia.com/products/videowall/index.php

9. Elite

Elite Guest

Here is the one I have but mine is 1GB.. I got it from a cool reefer ;D ..
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814195004

That system is nice. I don't need 16 screen though LOL .. It must cost a ton :eek: ..

10. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

So flight 1855 is arriving at... gate 8 at 12:00pm today...

11. Elite

Elite Guest

[quote author=kinetic link=topic=2845.msg30383#msg30383 date=1200551145]
    [/quote]

don't get it ;D

12. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

[quote author=Elite link=topic=2845.msg30384#msg30384 date=1200551519]
    [quote author=kinetic link=topic=2845.msg30383#msg30383 date=1200551145]
    [/quote]

don't get it ;D
    [/quote]

THere's as many screens as at airports with departure and arrival times... =/ i guess I've been traveling on airplanes too much recently, oi.

13. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

Hehe... that's must be the master control center for Rotifer Central :D

14. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

Algae central :) Rotifers are on a seperate system and don't need to be monitored as heavily as the algae.

15. Elite

Elite Guest

Cheap RAM for sale at newegg (if anyone needs it). 2x1GB DDR PC2 6400 for only $29 shipped.
    Promo code: EMCABCCAH
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145034&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL012208&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL012208-_-DesktopMemory-_-E0-_-20145034

16. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Man, I remember with my first "PC" running MS-DOS :D An 8 megabyte stick of ram cost me just over $200... *sigh*

17. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

The RAM that Phong linked to are pretty good and you can't really beat that price. I went with those but paid way more than that for 2x1 GB awhile back. They overclock real well...

I'm still running those in combo w/2x2GB for a total of 6GB of RAM total.

18. sfsuphysics

Hmmm tried to enter the code, and it still says $79, not $25 shipped. Perhaps the promocode expired? There is a $40 MIR but it's hardly $29 shipped, at least for me.

19. Elite

Elite Guest

Sorry it was a 24 hours promo. I shoulda post that. After MIR, you only pay $34. The promocode is only $5 more off.

20. sfsuphysics

gotcha, still a good price so long as you don't mind waiting the 3 months for a rebate check to show up :D