Cali Kid Corals

Dolphin Pet Village Bubble Tip Anemone--Purple with Neon Green Tips

Hi all,
My Anemone split about weeks ago so I thought I would put one in the DBTC. Its a Purple BTA with neon green tips and is about 3.5 inches wide when fully expanded. Its very striking, hardy, and splits pretty often.

Here is a pic of what the anemone looks like (the pic is from another persons tank (Mobert) but its a good example of what my anemone looks like).

I live in San Francisco so you would probably have to come here to pick it up.

Here are the rules:
1) Must have suitable lighting. I currently have mine under 150W Metal Halide Lighting
2) Tank must be established and be relatively stable.
3) First 2 splits goes back into DBTC
4) Cannot all ready have this color of anemone.
5) Must post (or link) a cool picture of any anemone (It does not have to be yours).

After 5 days, the person who posts the coolest pic gets the anemone

Sorry, i forgot to post a link to the pic:

http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w228/mliusion/?action=view&current=3913GreenBTA92006.jpg

3913GreenBTA92006.jpg

In my sponsor forum there's a thread called 'skunks in nem' and there's a decent (IMO) pic of this morph. And yes, I'm too lazy to just post it here. LOL

Awesome! I have an anemone just like that but on mine the oral disc is brown and the entire tentacles are electric green. I like those white rings around the tentacles right before the electric green. :D

I'll have to dig a picture up. Darn picassos that I picked up doesn't want to house the RBTA for some unknown reason. :(

I would like to be considered for this anemone. I have a RBTA from Alameda Aquatics (May '08) that has split twice. I have have 175 w MH and clowns from Robin that are currently spawning. Here's an old pic of my anemone.
myAnemone2.jpg

I'm game.. Here's a couple pictures of my rather boring GBTA that I rescued from almost certain death more than a year ago. This GBTA was all white and about the size of an American Eagle 1 oz gold coin when I purchased it. The nem isn't the most exciting to look at, but there's a lot of sentimental value around it. After slowly feeding and nurturing the nem back to health over about a six month period, I can proudly say she's healthy and thriving in my tank under T5s with individual parabolic reflectors.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that I'll be the lucky one to get the Green Tip Beauty!! Love the coloration.

_MG_7340.jpg

_MG_7339.jpg

Mike

heheh I'd like to go for this one, put that bad boy right in the middle of my roses, it'd look quite pretty.... although I'd be scared it would split! The hell do I need a 10th and 11th and 12th anemone in that tank :D

I really want that anemone.
I have 2 RBTAs now that split before. 2 false perculas hosting those.

4122588706_a81b4250c0.jpg

2266590830_479fc79e6e.jpg

472762567_f5fd42691f.jpg

p.s. All pictures are by Zepplock ;-)

I have 2 RBTAs now, established tank, 4x39w T5s.

I really like the fist picture Zepplock. Focus is spot on the eye of the clown. I'll have to put in a better effort of my clown/nem next time. Nice work.

Bah, as a joke I tried to re-insert your image.

I have a stable tank that has spawned about 20 RBTAs, but I have no image, so unless I find one, please add me to the DBTC list.

V

I have clones of this same guy. Not like this DBTC needs to be pumped up anymore, but this is one of my favorite BTA morphs and probably among the hardiest. This guy takes to manual division quite well.

Any decision on this yet? Would love to have this nem!!

Here's another attempt at shooting my Maroon in my nem.. Not enough bright colors on my clown or nem to really create nice vivid colors. Also couldn't get enough light to stop down my camera for greater DOF. Next time I'll try to use my remote triggers and shoot my flash down from the top of the tank so I can stop down the camera.

_MG_7423-3.jpg

Mike

Back