Don't have privilege replying certain forums

Discussion in 'Neptune Aquatics' started by robert4025, Aug 14, 2017.

1. robert4025

robert4025 Sponsor

Is it intentional because I am a sponsor? Or is this a big?

2. Fish Boss

Fish Boss Guest

I think that it is a bug. I saw a post a few days ago regarding this issue. Something about overhauling the system soon or something, I don't know anything about web coding, so take this response with a grain of salt lol

3. robert4025

robert4025 Sponsor

Ok dokie. I'll just keep my trap shuts then...

4. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

Is it always specific forums? Or does it change?

5. RandyC

RandyC Guest

6. robert4025

robert4025 Sponsor

No, like this... IMG_1737.PNG

7. robert4025

robert4025 Sponsor

Or this... IMG_1738.PNG

8. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Wow weird. We will try to get someone to fix it for you. Having a lack of web help currently.

9. ashburn2k

ashburn2k Supporting Member

Still waiting on someone to give me hosting info and other forum admin stuff so I can look into this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

You need to talk to denzil. Send him a pm

11. DEATH BY SNU SNU

DEATH BY SNU SNU Supporting Member

Femputer will get to the bottom of this!

12. JVU

JVU Supporting Member

If you are only disabled on buy/sell/trade forum it may be intentional since you are on a retailer account.

Not saying it is necessarily the right way to approach it, but at least it kind of makes sense if they are trying to prevent stores from taking over that forum.

13. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

I just looked through the admin. Sponsors don't currently have access to the Buy/Sell/Trade forums (meaning they can only read, but not post anything).

I don't make up the rules, just looking through the permissions and that's what's going on. It's probably someone else's call whether we allow this. I mean, Robert and co. are great and trustworthy, so should be OK. But if someone with the authority gives me the go ahead, I can make the change.

14. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

This is news to me...not sure why sponsors shouldn't be allowed on bst forums. I say fine. Maybe one more bod member second me?

robert4025 likes this.
  15. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

Could just be a mistake when setting up? It actually just inherits non-supporting members' privileges, so it could have very well been a mistake.

16. tankguy

tankguy Vice President

I 2nd what Mike says. I see no reason why a sponsor cant have access that forum

17. RandyC

RandyC Guest

Perhaps someone from the previous regime thought it better that a LFS couldn't get involved in member sale or trade? I wouldn't think any of current sponsors would do it, but maybe a general protection from something like, "hey, I got what that member is selling for $X in the shop. Stop on by if you want it."

But then again...They could just accomplish the same thing with a PM....No biggy probably.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  18. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Or they couldpost it in their own forum.

19. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

Probably.

20. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

BAR has always been very picky about who to accept as a sponsor.

Robert and others are top notch and have been vetted. They are great as sponsors and as members.

Most likely a configuration mix up.

Corallus, kinetic and Coral reefer like this.