Dosing Vodka

Discussion in 'Propagation' started by Tumbleweed, May 9, 2010.

1. Thales

Thales Past President

Deep sand is like 8 inches. On both my systems at home I run 20 gallon tanks filled with sand. :D

But given your numbers, I would just do a month or two of GFO and big water changes and nothing else.

2. tuberider

tuberider Guest

Odd, that's what I've been saying :D

3. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

Psssh shhhh quiet Deuce :p

:lol: Finally I get to call some one that as I was called that for years :p :p :p

4. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Guest

And what I have agreed to do. Between the experience of the 2 of you I feel fairly certain you know what you are talking about. I am starting to notice certain improvements already. I had some Zoa's that had closed up but now are starting to open up again.

I think however this problem was created from a multitude of small occurrences. My pump on my skimmer died about 4 months ago and I was sold the wrong size replacement pump so I had been under skimming, I had a couple of fish die and a sea hare also disappear, then I got 2 new MP40's in my tank and my sand started going everywhere which probably released some built up toxins.
    But now I have a new larger skimmer, no new fish have been lost, and the sand has settled down and adapted to the new pumps.

5. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Guest

The larger water changes are starting to make a difference. My NO3 is still around 25ppm "Down form 50ppm" and my PO4 is around .1 "down from 1.0" I can see the differnce visually in the tank as the polyp extension on the corals is much better and my zoa's are starting to open back up.

6. tuberider

tuberider Guest

Yeah!!!