Downsizing or putting pause on the hobby

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade' started by neuro, Nov 19, 2015.

1. 650-IS350

650-IS350 Supporting Member

That's awesome of you. [​IMG]

wpeterson and Newjack like this.
  2. neuro

neuro Webmaster

thanks n, i'm going to go with trying to sell what i can first. we can setup a time for you to swing by.

3. neuro

neuro Webmaster

20151125_113109.jpg 20151125_113116.jpg 20151125_113122.jpg

Ok all, I took pictures. i doubt i'm going to get any full bites, but would like to reiterate, i would prefer that most of the coral go to club members.

I'm going to aim for a 30L or 40L. Total volume no more than 45 or 50 gallons.

btw, colors are not adjusted. taken with a samsung galaxy note, and the colors are much more vibrant!!

Nav likes this.
  4. 650-IS350

650-IS350 Supporting Member

colors are much more vibrant!!
    I can attest to that, seen this tank a couple times.

Alfred,

I you have some cuttings of SPS, I would like to try my hand at some of those. LMK thanks.

neuro likes this.
  5. Vhuang168

Vhuang168 Supporting Member

Are you looking to sell? If so, price? All of it or piece if out?

Details would be helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. neuro

neuro Webmaster

sorry @Vhuang168 i didn't see your post from last year!

I've come to the conclusion that this tank needs to go. It's best that no one makes this difficult for me by reminding me how
    much time I spent into perfecting this tank and how most of the coral are older than my son. A lot of things are happening in
    life and I need to divert whatever time I have to them.

It's turnkey right now, nothing is wrong. No algae except for what builds on the screen. Everything is growing extremely well.
    I have had no issues with the tank after since I finally balanced Alk and Calcium last year. Seriously, the tank is on cruise mode.

I would hope that someone would take it all for $1k for the inhabitants, and $2k for all of the equipment, or $3k for the entire thing.
    I know this is unlikely, but please, no part out requests until I need to go that route.
    It would make me very sad to see a request after I've mentioned this. If things don't sell, then they don't sell. I will hold onto
    everything if this is the case.

The big cluster of zoas on the bottom aren't mine so they are not for sale. Same goes for a few DBTC items.

Included:
    24" Mr Aqua cube (scratches, but nothing crazy)
    Stand
    Sump
    AquaMaxx ConeS CO-1
    BRS media tumbler
    2x Laguna return pumps
    2x BRS dosers
    Reef Angel+ setup
    Emperor UV 25watt
    2x Foscam cameras for monitoring
    2x 250watt MH PFO magnetic ballasts with 14k phoenix bulbs. One canopy will have rapidled outfitted. This is THE original MH setup.
    2x 10 gallon nalgene mixing vats
    2 mr frag racks
    2 WP25 powerheads
    2 Tunze 6025s
    200 gallon box of salt
    Buckets
    filter guys RODI with water saver, aquatec pump for 150 gallons
    DIY screen

I have three (3+) boxes full of parts, extra pumps, test kits, glue, extra supplements, filter socks, heaters, everything you need for maintenance without taking down the tank, and should keep things going for a few months. I am sure I'm forgetting something.

Inhabitants:
    I seriously could not name everything in my tank, even if I tried.
    Please see my youtube video that should have most of the latest inhabitants, give or take a few things:

7. rygh

rygh Supporting Member

Where are you located?
    What would you say the dimensions are of that big rock formation?
    Does it come apart?

I am VERY tempted to buy all the livestock.
    While I have a 240G tank, it is just a bit unclear how to deal with one huge center formation like that.
    And unclear how to move it.

PS:
    1) I will honor DBTC
    2) Waiting on you trying to sell complete tank is no problem. In fact, mid-march is preferred.

8. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

I'll take the power heads if you part out?

Just kidding, but I couldn't resist ! Good luck man!

neuro likes this.
  9. neuro

neuro Webmaster

hey mark @rygh

I'm located in San Carlos.

The dimensions are hard to say, since the rock formation is all sorts. But if I had to say, but I have about 4-5" clearance on all sides, and it's about 1.5' tall. I made sure I had enough flow all around to prevent nutrient build-up.

Most of the formation is held with nylon rods w/nylon nuts, and the rest is gravity. It can be disassembled, with minor colony breakage.

10. rygh

rygh Supporting Member

Took a long hard look at my tank, and I just don't think it will work. Sorry.
    Looks like a lot of good beasties for a good price though.

neuro likes this.
  11. travis furia

travis furia Guest

I'd love to come by and look at ur coral if u have anything left. What r ur prices?? How much for ur blue clam. And r u selling ur tank as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. neuro

neuro Webmaster

Sorry Travis, I didn't see this until now.

The coral are all still left, except for the clam. I won't be selling the large rock of zoas on the bottom because it's really not mines to sell.

Selling live stock first. Willing to sell livestock at a discount, provided the person buys all of the livestock or a bulk part (aka part of the live rocks that they are living on). Also as long as I get frags when and if I can ever start a new tank.

I can pull apart most of the live rock easily.

travis furia likes this.
  13. tankguy

tankguy BOD

Sorry to hear. Was just there last week and tank looks awesome

neuro likes this.
  14. neuro

neuro Webmaster

I'm selling colonies now. I would prefer to sell it to people I trust. I will be using my bone cutters to cut them from the rock, so they may come in more than one piece.

I'm sorry, but I don't have set prices for these yet, because assuming most of these will come out in more than one piece, I suspect some of these will be between $20-$150 depending on total mass. I'm still not sure what's a good price, but I trust that some of you will honor a fair price if I honor a good discount.

miyagi tort
    pink lemonade ( I love this guy )
    candlelight (candelabra)
    strawberry shortcake (will be difficult to frag completely)
    blue tenius
    garf bonsai
    green slimer
    cali tort ( I love this guy too )
    blue tort ( a big guy )
    green tenius
    red planet (I have frags of this, nothing big $20)
    tricolor (small, never grew)

mummy chalice $30
    miami hurricane $40

large plating montis
    chili pepper monti

I'm also able to sell the huge colony of armor of gods now.

Plenty of other coral also, but SPS needs to go first. Willing to price out other coral not listed here when people come by. Lots of coral are permenantly attached to rock, so I will not be able to cut them off.

15. mediumrare

mediumrare Guest

How much for strawberry shortcake and blue tenius. I'm also looking for red and purple plating montipor.

Also apologies if you answered before, where are you located?

16. neuro

neuro Webmaster

The strawberry shortcake will be hard to cut. Will have to sell in chunks if I can cut it. Depending on size, whole colony is $150. Cheaper for smaller chunks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Edit: Got the blue and green mixed up. Please see the OP for changes.

Located in San Carlos.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  17. neuro

neuro Webmaster

Green Tenius $100

18. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

The club bandsaw is with me in san mateo if you want to borrow it. Donate a frag or so to the frag swap to cover rental fee.

19. neuro

neuro Webmaster

Will do. BTW I want to pass some DBTC stuff back to you sometime.

20. neuro

neuro Webmaster

modified the OP. Mistaken the blue tenius for a kind of blue tort.