Downsizing or putting pause on the hobby

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade' started by neuro, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

I'd like to swing by sometime and see what I can take off your hands...
    Pm me time and location?

2. neuro

neuro Webmaster

It'd love to have you come by. I'm free after 7pm this week except tomorrow (wednesday). I believe I am free in the early morning and later evenings on Saturday, Sunday.

3. tankguy

tankguy BOD

The Myagi I got from you is turning colors already

neuro likes this.
  4. Flagg37

Flagg37 Colorado member

Send a picture. I got 4 frags from him and one rtn'd but I'm not sure which one.

5. Vhuang168

Vhuang168 Supporting Member

Here is the Miyagi tort I picked up from @neuro. Coloring up nicely.

Miyagi.jpg

Shortcake also coloring up nicely.

Shortcake.jpg

neuro and travis furia like this.
  6. neuro

neuro Webmaster

holy crap

7. tankguy

tankguy BOD

almost exactly the color Im getting

neuro likes this.
  8. neuro

neuro Webmaster

Updated the OP w/my RBTAs.

People are coming by as soon as they can. This is first come first serve! Sorry, I wish I could hold this stuff, but it will only prolong my agony if you back out.

9. 650-IS350

650-IS350 Supporting Member

Good luck bro, sad your leaving the hobby (for now).

10. neuro

neuro Webmaster

Thanks. I'm hoping to sell most of this and move down to a reefer 170 (~40 gal) and start from there. 70 gallons is just way too much water volume to deal with now.

11. Flagg37

Flagg37 Colorado member

Does 30 gallons make that much of a difference? I'm really curious since I'm going from a 30 to a 125. Am I getting in over my head?

12. tankguy

tankguy BOD

I dont think you getting over your head moving to a 125. I think there is more work involved with the 30

13. neuro

neuro Webmaster

In my opinion, 30 to 125 is a huge step. But it's not anything I would worry about. If you've already got most of your equipment and dosing regiment just realize that you'll have to adjust for the water amount. A lot more calcium, a lot more alk, bigger water changes, more salt, etc; and realize you may have to deal with (the brevy of) potential issues from any of that.

That's something I thought about, and realized that I can have exactly what I want, in a more manageable ($ and time) package.

14. neuro

neuro Webmaster

The inhabitants have been spoken for! Will let people know if things don't work out.

Going to a good home.

tankguy likes this.