Dr Tim's, Fish oil or fact?

Discussion in 'Reef Chemistry' started by T.louderback, Sep 24, 2015.

1. T.louderback

T.louderback Guest

Does anyone have any first hand experience with Dr. tim's one and only? Ive heard a lot of good and bad about it so I'm looking for more info. Thanks!

2. gimmito

gimmito Supporting Member

I used it on my 450...worked as advertised. Also heard good things about Fritz cycling bacteria.

3. aqua-nut

aqua-nut Supporting Member

I used it on my 120. Worked as advertised.

4. Vhuang168

Vhuang168 Supporting Member

Worked as advertised for me as well.
    Instant Biospira (also developed by Dr Tim as I understand it) also worked well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. T.louderback

T.louderback Guest

cool, did anyone need to have it refrigerated? I was hearing things about that also. And how long does it take? Thanks for the replies

6. muhli

muhli Guest

Never had experience with Dr Tims one and only, but used the bio spira 2 or 3 times now and it has for for me all the time. Both refrigerated and non refrigerated.

7. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

I used bio spira too.

Definitely shortened my cycling period by like 2 weeks.

8. neuro

neuro Webmaster

i used Dr. tim's as well when i started my 60 gallon. it worked as advertised but i don't have anything to compare it to.

9. T.louderback

T.louderback Guest

Ok cool, I'm gonna go for it when I get around to setting up the tank i Just bought. All I need is a stand and rock!

10. mattcoug

mattcoug Guest

I've used both Dr. Tim's and BioSpiria a few times setting up qt tanks. Between the two, Bio-Spiria was the only one that got close to "instant cycle". So if you are hoping to get fish in right away I would go for BioSpiria.

If you are using it on a tank for coral I recommend you wait a least a week after adding before adding coral - they seem to contain some kind of sticky gel that I presume helps the new bacteria stick to the walls/filters - and I imagine it would also sick on the coral surface and might kill it. This last part is my pure speculation - ymmv.

11. T.louderback

T.louderback Guest

I don't mind waiting a week for a cycle lol I just want to avoid a couple months of cycling haha