Dragon's Tongue Algae (Heymenia)

Discussion in 'DBTC - Other' started by pixelpixi, Oct 8, 2008.

statistics
No Transactions
None
Please email your web administrator with a link to this thread if you want to add this thread to the DBTC database!!
  1. 70Cuda

70Cuda Guest

i have multiple tangs that eat everything including calpera

2. pixelpixi

pixelpixi Guest

If it's just for nutrient export, I'd probably just go with chaeto. This stuff is not quite so hardy.

3. Elite

Elite Guest

and it's not as cheap as chaeto.. Not easy to get.. If you are going to put it's in the fuge, get some chaeto. Unless you have a display fuge or something. Like Pixel said, it's too nice for a fuge..

4. Elite

Elite Guest

Sorry Gresham, don't know where you at today and I don't want to take the piece home so I gave it to Joyce.

5. Elite

Elite Guest

Got another good "frag" for the next algae lover.. 8) .. Can pick up at my house or Feb's swap..
    Here is another photo of the algae..
    [​IMG]

6. saltwatersig

saltwatersig Volunteer

I would like some to put in my sons nano.

7. Elite

Elite Guest

it's yours Sergio.. Wanna pick up in Feb or sooner?

8. saltwatersig

saltwatersig Volunteer

Phong.....I'll get it at the feb swap please. thanks again.

Sergio

9. Elite

Elite Guest

The Tunze helped me frag another piece. Who like this cool macroalgae??

10. 70Cuda

70Cuda Guest

Trade you for some of my planted , sea grass ??? That is what is was sold to me as. although not sure its grass cuz it sure got long.

11. Elite

Elite Guest

I love to get some seagrass Amy but this is DBTC... Can't trade ;D . If you want it, you can have it. Do you have a tank that doesn't have Tang or Angelfish?

12. 70Cuda

70Cuda Guest

Yep, I have a display refugeim that has several different kind of macro algae. Its 70 gallon and connected to my main display. I will put up that macro into dbtc.

13. Elite

Elite Guest

Cool.. When/where would you like to pick up?

14. 70Cuda

70Cuda Guest

We can wait till next meeting or maybe I can make a trip to see you and Neptune this week.

15. Elite

Elite Guest

LMK if you come to Neptune.. The next meeting I can come is in April.

16. Elite

Elite Guest

Sorry Amy the colony got lose and sucked into the Tunze PH :( :-[. There are a bunch of tiny pieces now. The piece I was going to give you is dying for some reasons. I guess it needs more light than I thought. Hopefully someone can frag you a piece.. Sorry again!!!

17. Cerissa

Cerissa Sponsor

I gotta say...that macro algae looks great!

18. 70Cuda

70Cuda Guest

oh no :'( Dont worry about me Phong. Hopefully your colony pulls through. Its a beatiful macro.

19. Elite

Elite Guest

Yeah I know :( .. Good thing is I gave out several frags already. Hopefully those frags are doing good...

I have 3 tiny frags now. If they live, I will have 3 colonies in 3 months.

20. 70Cuda

70Cuda Guest

maybe thats a good thing ;D