Reef nutrition

Drew's Doser....Simplify your two-part dosing needs!!!

Drew's Doser Peristaltic Dosing Pump NOW IN STOCK!!!

Quick Overview:
Drew's Dosers feature a low flow rate of about 1.6mL per minute that makes them perfect for dosing two part.

Drew's Doser Specs

* Flow rate 1.5mL per minute
* Will not back siphon
* Super quiet
* 1 Year BulkReefSupply warranty
* Includes 10ft of tubing, directions and 100mL measuring cup for calibrating

Product Description:
With the addition of an inexpensive digital timer Drews Dosers will provide a fully automated calcium and alkalinity dosing solution. Two Drew's Dosers are necessary to dose 2 part. The tubing set typically lasts 1-2 years depending on amount of use. Each Drew's Doser includes 10ft of tubing. Please note that the flow rate of each pump will vary slightly and should be tested before use to determine the exact flow rate. BulkReefSupply.com offers a full 1 year replacement warranty on all Drews Dosers. We do not suggest using this pump for auto top off systems. The flow rate of a Drews Doser is intentionally 1.6mL per minute which makes it too slow most auto top off needs.

Price: $99.99

IMG_2888-2.jpg

The auto-top off part if also not doable as they are not rated for being on 24/7. They work best for small doses through out the day.

I have a pair and love them. Bryan (seminolecpa) just got his 3rd (mag on schedule) and I know many others in the club use them :)

I use mine for 24/7 kalk dosing. I use it to push fresh salt water INTO my mixer which then forces kalk out the other end, so I'm not shoving kalk directly through it. As mentioned, even at 24/7 it's not enough to keep up with evaporation on my 58+20 tank.

I got it to replace an old medical doser which worked great but has issues with the tubing (hard to find) and the alarm which would mysteriouslyh go off every once in a while.

V

Vincerama2 said:
I use mine for 24/7 kalk dosing. I use it to push fresh salt water INTO my mixer which then forces kalk out the other end, so I'm not shoving kalk directly through it. As mentioned, even at 24/7 it's not enough to keep up with evaporation on my 58+20 tank.

I got it to replace an old medical doser which worked great but has issues with the tubing (hard to find) and the alarm which would mysteriouslyh go off every once in a while.

V
How long have you been using it? From what I know they don't last long when using it 24/7. The brush will probably wear out.

Yup, Gresh. I am surprised it lasted that long for him. I do know that heat management has a lot to do with longevity though. However, personally I would not use that pump for that function.

Don't mean to hijack the thread...

I thought you should be supplying fresh water and not saltwater into the kalk reactor as it will precipitate a lot of CACO3 if you run it on salt water. Is that correct or am I way off?

Vincerama2 said:
I use mine for 24/7 kalk dosing. I use it to push fresh salt water INTO my mixer which then forces kalk out the other end, so I'm not shoving kalk directly through it. ......

Back