Kessil

Duncans

Nice Duncans I'll update with new pics after sawin' some up tomorrow night. I expect to have several frags available at the BOD meeting or anytime after in San Carlos.
VDay19.jpg

#1 goes to Gus

I bought it 8 months ago from Ultimate in San Mateo. It was about 1/3 it's current size. I've got a porcelain crab residing in it currently. I'll have to give him/her the "bum's rush" when I saw it up. I'm planning to frag about 1/2 the current colony into 2-3 head frags.

Quick recovery from sawing today, Duncans are ready for p/u. I'll bring as many as have takers to the BOD meeting. Fire away and help clear the rack.
IMG_1147-1.jpg

Hi John,

If you still have an extra frag of this, I'd like to sign up for one. I'll be at the BOD meeting this Saturday too.

thanks,
-Daniel

Hi my buddies!
#2 goes to Daniel
#3 goes to Erin

Still have one more up for grabs.

Note: the resident porcelain crab was real stubborn about moving off the mother colony for sawing and now had copped a real attitude about returning to the original colony. Aren't critters funny?

See you next weekend! :)

It's Duncan frags "Gone Wild"
Today the Duncan frags look like mother colony's. The largest one has 4 heads and is about 4" across. Smaller ones may not have fully inflated yet. Yikes!

Frag recipients, make sure you have room for a colony that's 3-4" in diameter. If you really want a frag but just don't have that much room, I'll whack one or more into 2 head frags. These suckers seem to like being sawed! :glasses:
IMG_1155.jpg

Hi Monzer,
All current frags have been passed out but most were mini-colonys. I'm guessing that one of us will have additional frags available before too many weeks. They grow quickly and like to be sawed up! J) Stay tuned!

Hi John

Duncans are doing great they opened very big.
Duncans delivered to Daniel (reefstud) last night. Met him at Neptune.

the frag that I got had 5 heads so I notuiced one of the heads was opening much more than the rest and I decided to frag it. Now I have 2 pieces one with 2 heads and the other one with 3 and they seem to be much happier. I will wait a little longer to see how fast it will grow so I can frag it more and put it out for DBTC

OOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG it's a monster! :O

I know what you mean. I just sawed the remaining colony in half, replaced half in the big tank and placed a 4 head frag in the 12 gallon Nanocube. The cube's been pretty bare for a while now with no nem's and only a few shrooms, palys and a couple small fish. Since it deserves better, I've recently made several small LPS frags from my acans, blastos, duncans, candy cane, chalice and placed them into the cube. So far so good and my naked perc immediately made a bed out of the happy Duncan frag that was already in full bloom. What a hearty strain!

Thanks for the update, Gus!

Back