Neptune Aquatics

Duncans

Sfork said:
wow 4-5"? can i be next in line for one, mine opens at most 1.5" even at it's maximum puffiness. I would love to see if my clowns would take to the bigger variety :party:
Hey Tim,
New heads quickly form and grow out looking for light. Once you've got 3 or 4 heads showing they will fill out and expand in the current and medium light as well as respond nicely to feeding some mysis. 4 to 5 " will be easy within about 5 months of grow out and your clowns will know what to do! :)

Orion said:
should I post it separate and them add the chain here
Easier to track if we post to this chain. It also helps to see what generation the offered frag comes from. I think Tim wants on now if have next generation available. Just update the existing stats when you pass it on. :)

Hey Mike,
I'm "pretty sure" I have one available. As soon as I wipe two weeks worth of algae off my frag tank (I've been out of town) I'll see if they are stil alive and kicking! I'll PM you to let you know! :)

I just revised all the replies to this post and I just saw Tim asking for a frag.
But no worries

Tim I have a frag for you.

Mike I have one for you too

Guys PM me to arrange pick up.

well from the frag that you gave me I had to frag it since it was getting to big and I was able to get 6 frags out of it. Each frag has between 2-4 heads.
I passed one already and I can give one to Tim and another to Mike.
It is a good feeling when you get finally to get enough frags of the original so you can propagate and pass them around to other fellows reefers.
:) :D :bigsmile:
First pic has the Duncan at the lower left corner (one of the frags)
Second pic is my lovely Nyla

Attached files

Hi John
Thank you.
She is very smart, at night she will sit by the tank and just stare at it like if she knows something about it and when I have to do something at the sump she just come over and try to get her head in there like to lend a hand.
She is 7 months old and 70 pounds so far. Vet said she is to get like around 120 when fully grown.

Hi John,

Welcome back!

i'm sorry to report the single head duncan i got is dead (2 weeks ago).
I placed it next to my mushroom, and couldn't understand why it wasn't doing well. It wasn't until the mushroom killed my birdnest that i realized that mushroom is the killer. :-(

hey gus, im done with the duncans... my plug floated away and when i found it, it looked dead.... i have it in a frag rack now lets hope i can resurect her from the dead

Hi Gus,

Thanks a lot! Turns out I won't be able to make to BAYMAC (out of town for the entire week). :-( Fremont is a bit out of my way to pick it up as well. So, i guess I'll pass on this time. Maybe one will pop up around next BAR meeting.

Thanks a lot!

=Lynn

Two single duncan heads available. :)

Preferred p/u in San Carlos at Starbucks but Baymac may work. This is a very hearty coral that should thrive in most tanks with T5 or better light. Low medium to low placemnet with medium current works great. Expect new heads to form within a couple months.

Going once...........going twice.......two nice Duncan heads. Very hearty, great movement with current and quick to grow new heads. My Naked Percula loves my mother colony in lieu of a RBTA. As mentioned, I can haul them to Baymac if anyone wants them. Personally, I can't imagine a tank without a baseball sized Duncan coloney! :party:

Just chime on in...............

John, I'm sorry I haven't arranged to come to the peninsula for a duncan head. Would you please bring one frag to Baymac for me? I'll bring a cooler! Thanks,
Christina

Back