Kessil

East Bay Tank/LFS Tour- April 3rd

Post number 23 starts this reboot of the tour thread if you are reading this for a first time. The tour is full. Thank you to everyone who has offered to show. Stay tuned for another tank tour out this way in a couple months. Thank you to those attending as well for amping up the social portion of what we do as Bay Area Reefers.

1. Roberto-newhobby
2. Teresa-patchin
3. Steve- patchin
4. Jim-gimmito
5. Arnold-Apon
6. Steven-Soulfish
7. Beverly-guihan
8. Benjamin-guihan
9. Patrick-patrickb
10. John-Bula
11. Brian-Tumbleweed
12. Russell-rtom
13. Christina-99SF
14. Erik-konkers
15. Mike-Coral Reefer

stops on the tour
1. Boun-boun11
2. Rich-Thales
3. Erin-KensiontonReefer
4. Richard-yardartist
5. Jim, Green Marine-bookfish

Arnold, no one has sent PM, so at this point your question is great. Thanks.

Top ten reasons to show your tank:

10. This is a good excuse to scrape the coraline off the lower back portion of your tank that you leave on the quick clean ups.

9. Turn that DIY into a group build. ;)

8. Someone will take home the frags no one will touch on DBTC.

7. The living area is way overdue for a clean. :bigsmile: Motivation is priceless.

6. You become an instant BAR star member.

5. Everyone will hear about the sick coral you added.

4. Support your local fish store by adding in some new coral to make the tank look good.

3. I have to say it, a final excuse to hand pull the hair algae already.

2. Pass off DBTC or make some great trades, and never leave the comfort of home.

1. You can go home after the talk on aquascaping, make some cool changes and show them off immediately to an enthusiastic crew.

funny I was thinking about doing another SF tank tour too, but I will wait now. I hope this come together.

Tanks tours are fun, for those of you who have never been to one, search "SF tank tour" ( I have done this 4 times) or "South Bay tank tour" ( once last year), which we have had in the past. I don't remember an east bay one though.

Arnold, don't wait. Jason is hoping to put together a South Bay tour soon too.

For those not familiar with the tours this East Bay Tour will be opened up to about twenty club members at no cost. There will be a sign up and only those listed participate. The tanks on tour will be arranged to allow travel time between viewing each. This one will likely not have a group meal with it, but if someone offers a space then it could happen. You can ask questions about the tanks. The tour I have been on Arnold organized was great. Some big tanks some not so big. Great ideas to share.

This is not an open house for anyone to stop by, so those offering tanks to show will only host this group for the time allotted. We don't want anyone walking off with a bottle of hand soap. Right Sam? If the show spaces are small, I am open to limiting the tour to 12 people. Just let me know what you would offer for a show tank.

I would even be open to a combo tank/ LFS if there is a store in this area that would like to tour a group. Not sure of a club sponsor in this area, but it would not have to be limited to sponsor businesses. Maybe business to become sponsor in the future?

I really really want to put on a southbay tour, but I haven't been able to find the time yet. I don't want to interfere w ur tour richard though. I was thinking of the mid late october timeframe.

Jason, go for it. I will have to see if anyone has a tank to show up here before a tour can be planned. Maybe late Winter? Please place me on the list to attend your tour!

If anyone knows of a tank they want to see on an East Bay Tour, start twisting an arm and have them get in touch with me.

Arnold, get your tour planned too. We do not do these often enough. I would see all of the tanks on the first SF tour again just to see the growth.

screebo said:
I'm interested in a S.F. Penninsula tour.

John

Sadly a couple of the nicer tanks in the club in our area just got taken down recently. There are a few that are making their way back up and the boys on the coast are representing the pennisula proud.

Perhaps we could do a Pacifica to La Honda tank tour, I'd like a couple of months to let everything recover myself, but all in all there are some very nice tanks on the coast.

tuberider said:
Perhaps we could do a Pacifica to La Honda tank tour, I'd like a couple of months to let everything recover myself, but all in all there are some very nice tanks on the coast.

Make it so number 1 :) I'll actually leave SC for that as I know the grub will be good :lol:

I am open to Saturday, the 24th of October? Rich if that works, then do you know other tanks in the area?

Saturdays are much easier for me in January/February/March. Would later work for you? I might have changed to LED by then, which would ramp up the wow factor for my box of salt water. Tong's blue light special sure wowed me recently.

If we can make a day out of it on the side, count me in J :p

Richard, do you want to narrow down the "east bay"? It may help a bit. The east bay covers a huge area in comparison to other tours.

Richmond, Albany, El Cerrito, Berkeley, Emeryville, Alameda, Oakland, and consider a few others right on down the water side of the hills.

Coming soon touring the other side of the mountains...

Albany tank here... though the tank's totally empty right now except for a few clownfish. But I'll come on the tour =)

Back