Neptune Aquatics

East Bay Tank/LFS Tour- April 3rd

OK, I found my dvd of 'Biological Light Requirements of Photosynthetic Corals' by Steve Tyree.
It promises '79 slide images with 60 minutes of narration by Steve Tyree'.
I'll borrow my friends copy of 'Living Seas' as well and we'll put the 27" Imac through its paces.

I may be able to grab some from work. We mix, but I trust our scientist.

Thanks again for the Tour Richard. It turned out great. Sorry i had to leave early but the baby is sick and I needed to get home. Here is a link to some of the Photo's I took today.
http://s999.photobucket.com/albums/af112/tumbleweed13/Tank%20Tour/

I was very jazzed after all the talking with other reefers, and the tanks. Thanks everyone for making it a great event.

Jim, gimmito, the water would have been my number one choice. And Beverly and Ben thanks for bringing sweets. Boun, you knew everyone would be hungry by that time in the tour. The chips and veggies hit the spot.

Jim, Bookfish, the pizza choice was spot on. Easy to get and lush with flavors. Thank you for giving us a place to hang out and wrap up conversations from the afternoon. Gresham thanks for picking up the tab. We were all hoping you would make it so we could say so in person.

Brian, and others, thanks for snapping photos. It was great to revisit this morning.

Arnold, thanks for showing the way and offering tips along the way.

The car full along the way will make me carpool any other tour I go on. Thanks for riding along gang.

since I miss it, i can look at the photos myself... Thanks a lot.

Who's Snow clowns(if this isn't their name, correct me) are these belong too?
DSC_004115.jpg

Where is this?
DSC_005814.jpg

Thanks Richard for organizing the tour and to those who opened up their homes to us. Very nice day. The relaxed time table was especially appreciated. Also thanks to Gresham for the pizza, but what happened to you??

Thanks for the replies guys and Thanks for showing the picture since I wasn't there. Even if I found out before, I still can't go outside during the 24 hour after raining period :(. That's why I haven't been around with you guys in the winter because of the rain, due to health related reasons. Hopefully in the spring and summer, it will be less rain :).

Oh, will there be another tour at the Academy of Science and LFS in easbay again, like last year, where we go all over to the LFS in Milpitas, ca and Union City, ca? I really want to go again.

patchin said:
Thanks Richard for organizing the tour and to those who opened up their homes to us. Very nice day. The relaxed time table was especially appreciated. Also thanks to Gresham for the pizza, but what happened to you??

I bought a coral on the way up @ Neptune's and my stupid credit card fraud detection got tripped :( I found out at Hagenburger
when I needed gas. I pushed the empty gas light to the limit to get there. Luckily I found a $10 in the car and used it. I stopped in Oakland to call and get it cleared up... mistake. Took a rather long time to get cleared up. 5 friggen phone calls. It really soured my day so I stayed at my friends house. I really did want to do the tour, maybe next time :D

Back