Cali Kid Corals

Eclipse day!

Good morning Bqy Area, today is the day of the great eclipse. Now while you wont see a total eclipse there it is possible to see a parial eclipse that should be really nice to see assuming there is no overcast... like it was when I left. Currently in Salem and the weather is beautiful here so should be great today.

Now dont go trying to stare at the Sun, if you dont have eclipse you can always make a pin hole camera by poking a tiny hole in a piece of anything opaque, e.g. aluminum foil, then project that image on a surface (dont look through the hole!)

Enjoy

Very overcast here. Grr.
Although the clouds allow you to basically look straight at the sun.
So perhaps a blessing for those weird people lacking a welding hood.

Shot this at 9:57am through a pair of the solar eclipse glasses in Milpitas on my phone. Work meeting got in the way of seeing the full eclipse.

IMG_9997.JPG

It was clear in Pleasanton. Even with 80% eclipse, it didn't seem that much darker.

I'm waiting to hear from Mike @sfsuphysics to hear what totality was like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely a bucket list item. Seeing the skinny sun sliver go away and bam, it's dark like twilight and you can look at the Sun and see the corona. in only lasted a couple minutes but it was definitely something that has a lot more impact to see in person than in a picture. really is something you need to experience.

If you missed it and want to see it there's another in 2024 but it goes from Mexico through Texas toward Maine

Attachments

• P1010153951503351764919.jpg
    P1010153951503351764919.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 226
I had my double doors open and was watching the fogged up sky, and was watching a livestream on CNN at the same time haha. The oregon cam looked pretty cool.

up in Corvallis to see this one as well. Definitely agree, something that no picture has ever done justice. You just have to see this in person.

IMG_1659_zpsaww3tqyx.jpg

here is the picture of the Diamond Ring

Last edited:
I had my double doors open and was watching the fogged up sky, and was watching a livestream on CNN at the same time haha. The oregon cam looked pretty cool.
After it was all over I had the news on as well as seeing it in other locations and one thing that got me, was some news show was doing video of the people looking at the eclipse and sure enough they fired up there bright ass camera light to film everything during totality, I would have been so pissed to the point that I would have cursed out the camera guy.

Back