Cali Kid Corals

Ecoxotic 100 watt LED cannon

GreshamH said:
Ecoxotic and numerous others had other events to do. BAYMAC is in conflict with some pretty major shows globally (Interzoo and Aquarama - the two largest in the world) and some other US events.
I thought that's why BAYMAC was when it was, so it wouldn't conflict with Interzoo (Germany?)

What happened to doubting they make their own LEDs? :D

Comparing the Cannons with the Kessil is pretty amusing given they are two very different products. They only thing they share in common is the fact they both use a dense LED matrix.

Does Kessil's parent company make their own waffers? There are some big companies out there that actually uses the cree emitter and add their own phosphor, then package them.

(pure curiosity)

GreshamH said:
What happened to doubting they make their own LEDs? :D

I had to edit cause I didnt want my comment to be taken the wrong way

I heard Kessil fixture that can control color temp and that might be worth waiting for.

Gomer said:
Does Kessil's parent company make their own waffers? There are some big companies out there that actually uses the cree emitter and add their own phosphor, then package them.

(pure curiosity)

Technically you don't "make" them, right? I was told they grow their own. :D

GreshamH said:
Gomer said:

(pure curiosity)

Technically you don't "make" them, right? I was told they grow their own. :D
oh, shut up :p

You are welcome to approach them and see if they can do some sort of group deal, and then take lead on organizing it :-D Might want to find out who would be interested first.

Absolutely Gresham - if someone is going to spend the money on big system you have to loosen the purse strings otherwise what's the point?

I believe the data-sheet on the LED itself is here: (Not entirely sure, but seems to be the one)
www.leds-and-more.de/PDF/50WEdiStar__Eng_v1.2.pdf

And key from that : The spec for their 7000K temp part is 54 lumens/watt.
Compare with a Cree XP-G cool white (also 7000K) which peaks at 150 lumens/watt or so.
So it might not be a very efficient light. 3X is a big difference.

However, my guess is that the real LED used is a bit different, since you would assume it needs more blue.
But could be a simple 7000K white.
Anyone seen one in person?

Side note that the LED maker is a TW manufacturer. But I have no data on reputation.

OK TW to me means Thalassiosira weissflogii, an awesome phytoplankton with a great nutritional profile. What is TW to you?

rygh said:
I believe the data-sheet on the LED itself is here: (Not entirely sure, but seems to be the one)
www.leds-and-more.de/PDF/50WEdiStar__Eng_v1.2.pdf

And key from that : The spec for their 7000K temp part is 54 lumens/watt.
Compare with a Cree XP-G cool white (also 7000K) which peaks at 150 lumens/watt or so.
So it might not be a very efficient light. 3X is a big difference.

However, my guess is that the real LED used is a bit different, since you would assume it needs more blue.
But could be a simple 7000K white.
Anyone seen one in person?

Side note that the LED maker is a TW manufacturer. But I have no data on reputation.

Thats the data for the 50watt the light is the 100watt we are talking about.

Back