Jestersix

Eight's "Permafrost Archohelia Rediviva"

LordHelmet said:
sorry it's not in focus, I wasn't trying to get a pic of the coral but of the perfectly clear Mantis shrimp. how that little bugger got in there I'll never know.

Oh I see it now....... :(

LordHelmet said:
sorry it's not in focus, I wasn't trying to get a pic of the coral but of the perfectly clear Mantis shrimp. how that little bugger got in there I'll never know.
The next deadline isn't until the beginning of August so plenty of time to practice focusing! I need a lot of practice on that too as 3/4 of my pics are blurry.

once again sorry for the blurry pic, I was trying to get the mantis right by the coral. and I knew I had only a few secounds to take the picture. Better pictures will come.

I need to borrow a tripod badly. My brother was over to show me the merits of using one and I will pretty much never post a picture without a tripod again.

bookfish said:
If I didn't have a tripod I guarantee none of my pictures would ever end up in print.

So why the blurry pics? Relaying on auto-focus?

Do you use the self timer, a remotes (corded or wireless) or do you push down on the button and half defeat the entire purpose of a tripod? :)

It's been a long time, so I thought I would post a quick update. The coral continues to do well and looks great. Colors have held just like when I got it.

It's a very very slow grower. I haven't really noticed much new growth at all, but it continues to eat like crazy. Here are some recent shots.

At the bottom of the tank. Kinda pissed cuz I just moved it:
634564200_qVHLA-L.jpg

Nice shot against a black plastic background.
634564099_f6NwC-L.jpg

Closeup of polyps.
634564277_hHrtv-L.jpg

LordHelmet, how's your frag doing?

GreshamH said:
bookfish said:
If I didn't have a tripod I guarantee none of my pictures would ever end up in print.

So why the blurry pics? Relaying on auto-focus?

Do you use the self timer, a remotes (corded or wireless) or do you push down on the button and half defeat the entire purpose of a tripod? :)
I think you probably know the answer to that already. And just for the record, cause i don't like to do things halfway, I drink a strong pot of coffee b4 every photo session.

Back