Jestersix

Eight's 170 gallon in wall LeeMar

Arnold: I don't think I'm quite as "au naturale" as you are. If anything, I'm probably the opposite... bring on the toys. :p

Nanocube: Yup, I purchased a single head of the cloves down in LA and grew them out. Pretty fast growth actually, I think I have 15 or so now.

Will: Good seeing you today. Maybe I will take more photos of the archo. It might be more filled out than before. It's still a damn slow grower though.

The most amazing tank I've seen as of yet... If you discount the 7000G that sits in the lobby of Marvel (company off of 237).

Jason is by far the most artistic design... It's well designed with a real nice automated setup... What I've been striving for when I started my tank 2 years ago. He makes it look so easy! It's not only the amount of corals... It's placement! and color selection! Van Gogh!

Simply put... How I would have wanted my tank to be if I had somebody to learn from (or after all lessons learned).

As Wayne would say... "We're not worthy, We're not worthy"

Is there gonna be an open house when Jason is gone?? :bigsmile:

Have a great vacation man.. I'm sure your tank will be fine. :)

Fine work, Jason. I also need to do advance planning for sharing tank sitting duties for other BAR members. I'll be taking a two week trip down the Amazon with Earthwatch next March and need a sitter.........

Hey John, I'd be happy to help tank sit if I'm around. Hit me up before your trip in March.

As for my tank, some good news and some bad news. Good is that the tank looks better than ever. Everything is growing in nicely. The LPS in particular are doing really well.

Bad news is that I found AEFW. Ugh. Pests are the most irritating thing in this hobby. I was hit with monti eating nudis a year ago... fortunately, I seem to have beat those and have been clean for 9 months or so. (Knock on wood) I'm going to take all my acros out and dip/quarantine them. Fortunately, my acro colonies are all relatively small and accessible, so treating them shouldn't be too bad.

Greshem says "welcome to the club"

3979490.jpg

Eight said:
Gah. I refuse to be a turkey baster member! I'm going to fight it. :p

Good luck, if I were in your shoes I'd be basting, the treatments are very harsh IME and tend to kill the corals more effectively than AEFW :D

Well... all of my acros are pretty small. I don't have anything more than a few inches in size and they're all easily accessible and removeable from the tank. I have a frag/quarantine tank setup as well...

My plan is to remove the acros, put them in the quarantine and then give them light dips every week. Leave the main tank free of acros for a few months and then see how it goes.

Quite possibly I won't be able to get rid of them in which case I will resign myself to basting.

ModernReefKeeper said:
Quick question...do the velvet nudis eat the acro eating FW type, or just the smaller brownish FWs?
No only planaria :(

Back