Kessil

Eight's 170 gallon in wall LeeMar

Too scared to take the scissors to that flame anemone! :p

Your tank was really nice today, thanks for showing it. Love that elegance.

I really enjoyed paging through your tank journal thread this evening. :glasses: There is so much detail in your journal that gave me even a greater respect for what you've accomplished. Seeing your system in person is mesmerizing to the point of missing some of the finer details that went into your system - for example the plumbing as such. Thanks for putting your journal out there for us to learn from and appreciate.

Thanks Joel for the kind words! I am glad to have finally met you.

I'm quite long overdue on a tank update and photos. I'll try to get to one this week maybe. :)

Jason,

It was good meeting you and Bonnie (aka "the aptasia assasin") today. You have a nice eye for aquascaping and choice corals...hope to see it one day in person.

Jim

I stumbled across a *really* cool anemone today and had to grab it. Check this out! Should get here by Friday...

736175977_768Nu-M.jpg

It was not kind to my wallet. :p

That said, it wasn't out of line with past flame anemones I've seen. I just haven't seen any coming in over the past year and especially not with this color variation.

No. She has some nice clowns going in there already. They're both female and I don't want them to fight and disturb this anemone.

http://www.bareefers.org/home/node/9011

Hah. I beat you by going home during lunch and unpacking it. :p

Anyways, here are some hasty photos. I'm really impressed. It looks just as good as the photos online. It's also really big. It hasn't opened up fully, but I think that when it's fully opened it should be 7" across or so.

Vendor pic:

737747599_UJ77f-M.jpg

Here it is in my tank. It picked a bad spot at the bottom of anemone island, despite my attempts to place it in an ideal location. We will have to work on that.

737741126_mtoBu-XL.jpg

Closeup. The tentacles fade to a really nice green near the base.

737740918_yM7hm-XL.jpg

Clowns already hosting. You can see the distinct difference between the orange and yellow. Definitely a very true yellow color.

737740731_2pufD-XL.jpg

Thanks! I really really like this guy. He's better looking than I thought he would be. I am not sure if he'll keep the tips. Most of the BTAs in my tank don't seem to keep their tips. No idea why...

Break from work (well, procrastinating really), so decided to share some recent photos:

Full Tank Shot. These always kind of frustrate me because you can't capture depth when shooting an in wall tank very well. Still, gives you an idea of how things are set up.
739822776_oNWvt-L.jpg

My original flame anemone. Under actinics.
739822832_D8xuc-L.jpg

Anemones, clown and anemone crab.

Man...absolutely stunning reef, Jason. Every time I look at your thread, I can only wish I have more time to home to setup another tank just like yours. Very nice work.

Your setup is definitely one of the few that represent BAR's member tank really well and I've often used it to show my customers what a lot of hardwork and deligence can fruitize into.

Thanks Robert! Many of my choice pieces have come from you... so you're to blame here. I'll post an update on the two plates I've gotten from you. They're definitely showpieces in my tank.

Erick, that plate got delivered today. Bonnie says it's awesome, but I'm at work and haven't seen it yet. I'll post a photo of that tonight.

Back