Our mission

el diablosrt-8 frag tank

its my new toy for zoa breeding.... i will slowly be building this 4x2x12" frag tank for this purpose only. this is plumbed back into my main display tank. i will be uplighting this tank with ATI bulbs and 8 bulb tek fixture. here are a few preshots, not 100% setup still messing with plumbing to get more flow from return and drain equally.

update bulb chosen

4X ati blue plus
3X ati blue aqua special
1X purple plus

2X koralia #3
1X Koralia #2

temp kept by reefangel

this tank is plumbed into my display and im keeping ph and 3 temp probes, 1-display 2- frag 3- ambient.

i already rebuilt all frag racks with black eggcrate from carson all my bulbs came from robert at neptunes

here are a few shots
IMG_20101107_205408.jpg

IMG_20101118_163108.jpg

more coming real soon.....

Zoa breeding? do tell, or do you mean fragging/propping? When I hear breeding I think of sexual reproduction rather then asexual.

Nice setup and can accommodates lots of zoas, palys & other frags. Soon you'll have a kalidescope of zoa colors. 8 bulbs does seem like a lot for zoas, and no LEDs?

thanks guys after my return pump issues today i will do videod and photos tomorrow and update the build properly...

im thinking of making this a combined thread and just do both tanks as one system....

post 1 updated............

here are some new pictures, i must admit i am getting good growth out of the tank already. two weeks or so and i am very pleased next up is new return pump skimmer and sump( jose bluevoodoo helped me build my sump)

DSC_0903.jpg

pink yuma
DSC_0912.jpg

Radticular ricordia
DSC_0919.jpg

purple and red hornets
DSC_0916.jpg

hollywood stunner chalice
DSC_0914.jpg

Ian MH
DSC_0921.jpg

vietnemesse mushroom
DSC_0909.jpg

lotsa montis
DSC_0877.jpg

Original Mummy eye (thales frag swap)
DSC_0897.jpg

semi tank shot
DSC_0910.jpg

some new photos not up here as well
http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm203/lowvintage63/1%20frag%20tank/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

houser said:
Yeah! Looks great. And a nice little collection to boot.
I really started this just to clean up my sand bedbugs get the80 DIY frag racks out of my DT... lol but wife now says I need to get coral back into DT lol can't win

Back