Elegance Coral

Discussion in 'Coral' started by Calde0920, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Fish Boss

Fish Boss Guest

So I ended up dipping mine, had no effect on the BJD, just made the oral discs super inflated day of, then BJD proceeded to get way worse. Within 2 days after dip, flesh was pulling away from skeleton, barely any colored flesh in the middle today, so I tossed it. So now my elegance and gold wall hammer that I bought on the same day are gone, FML!!!!! I'm done buying finicky expensive coral for a while

2. Calde0920

Calde0920 Guest

What happened to the hammer

3. Wlachnit

Wlachnit Supporting Member

Yeah...mine is at the bottom (30" deep) and almost completely shaded....and seems to really like it there.

4. Fish Boss

Fish Boss Guest

I didn't notice when I bought the hammer, but it was pretty freshly fragged. Never had good polyp extension, and I don't think it healed properly. I dipped it when I bought it, but it melted within 5 days

5. Vhuang168

Vhuang168 Supporting Member

Walling euphyllia do not like to be fragged. Usually ends in death.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. TNT32D

TNT32D Supporting Member

I love both corals and feel your pain.

7. boun11

boun11 Supporting Member

Has anyone experience when the elegance came off the skeleton and survive? A friend has one of my Tyree Elegance and it wasn't doing well in his tank. I put it in my tank and it came off of the skeleton but it is still alive and doing well. I wonder how long it will take for it to grow a new skeleton.

8. Calde0920

Calde0920 Guest

Mine died