Elos 120 (liter)

Discussion in 'Tank Journals' started by screebo, Sep 4, 2009.

1. screebo

screebo Guest

Wheeeew! STILL!.................wouldn't want to get one in my ear!!!!! :*

2. Kensington Reefer

Kensington Reefer Supporting Member

Gotta love the psammacora!
    The spaghetti worms are a good thing. No need to worry.

3. LeviT

LeviT Guest

Looking good, I'm liking the full tank video!

4. screebo

screebo Guest

Is it my imagination, or is this little dude splitting? (I'm still working on focus issues, sorry)
    [​IMG]

5. screebo

screebo Guest

Since I'm on an "almost in focus but not quite" kinda roll, here's new arrivals. You can see they have a long way to go to be really happy. Take a gander at JAR's donated Sand Dollar Monti. Even now, with it's polyps just beginning to extend, it's a stunner. Last two images are true heritage pieces, handed down from Richard, Yard Artist to Jim, GITMO and now to me. Thanks all! I love those blasto-merlettis
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Erick

Erick Guest

Looks like the mushroom could be splitting. I noticed mine has a tiny baby.

7. screebo

screebo Guest

Thanks, Levi. Sorry I took so long to acknowledge your post.

8. JAR

JAR Supporting Member

lookin great! Always a pleasure to see you John!

9. bmhair03

bmhair03 Guest

HeyJohn,
    I have a nice frag of some blue with red bumps Rhodactis that had doulbled . Didnt see any in your collection:)
    I would love to donate to your renewal. Some refer to it as Superman Rhodactic. Another Neptune gem.
    Pm to arrange dropoff.
    Keep on keeping on.

10. screebo

screebo Guest

Pm sent, Holy Cow, Brian Thanks. JAR: polyps are beginning to extend on both montis. They are high in the tank and really are responding nicely to the Reefbrites. Soon I'll be posting the "after" (acclimation) shots.

11. gimmito

gimmito Supporting Member

...you are going to catch up to me with all these double posts John. ;)

12. screebo

screebo Guest

Thanks for coming by with the shrooms, Brian. Great to see you.

13. screebo

screebo Guest

The Yuma and the S.M. Rhodactis mushrooms are courtesy of BMHair03 Brian. Holy Cow, Mon.......these guys are already going to town and pumping up their color. Thanks! The cool palys are from JAR Jon. They are starting to wake up along with others. More pics when things settle down.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. bmhair03

bmhair03 Guest

Always a good time at sceebo's. Looking good John. I forgot the name of the softie frag you passed to me?
    Its doing just fine full PE. Just keep an eye on that Yuma, They seeem to travel till they are in a happy spot
    And as they travel they leave little baby Yuma ,like a crumb trail.

15. screebo

screebo Guest

http://www.bareefers.org/home/node/3567
    Calfo pulsing sinularia

16. screebo

screebo Guest

It's funny how plain and kinda brown that S.M. Rhodactis looked when Bri dropped it off. Well, that was only until he held it under the blue LED's. Heheheh........a living creature, yet.......living in MY tank..........how could I be so lucky? 0:)

17. bmhair03

bmhair03 Guest

Brown because I drove there twice! :) I hate cell phones!
    Looks like it might pinch off a twin soon.
    Updated the DBTC on the Legacy Sinularia . Found it a spot it could grow into.

18. screebo

screebo Guest

Holy Cow, do I have news. Little known DBTC Calfo Pulsating Sinularia DOES pulsate. I was watching it under a magnifier and it was shocking! Never in the last 2 years has it pulsated that I've noticed. Now, a clown gobie inhabits it regularly and it pulsates! Wowzers! Here is the clincher: I hauled Nikki in to the kitchen explaining all the way what a landmark event was taking place in my tank. I put the magna-visor on her and waited for her exclamation...........the Sinularia had STOPPED pulsing just as fast as it started. Hmmmm.......Here's a lucky shot video I took with the same 'ol Panasonic, shot underwater. Let me know if this is rarely captured footage or not. ( Double click on the image to connect with the video)
    [​IMG]

19. Erick

Erick Guest

Looks awesome! Can't wait for mine to get that big. Right it's maybe only inch or so at the base and two inches at the top.

20. screebo

screebo Guest

Wouldn't it be a kick if it was pulsating all along and I just never looked close enough. My guess it that the entire colony needed to get this mature for it to act as an adult colony. BTW, the clown gobie just LOVES it! It's the little bugger's favorite hangout.